43. End of year celebrations

December seemed to be rushing away from them and before they realised it, the factory was ready to shut down for the Christmas period. Valeria had been invited to the UK to join her granddad at the McLaren HQ. Alan, her cousin, wasn't really impressed not to have been chosen (she can see the Ferrari one if she really wants to he had objected), but her granddad had put his foot down 'it's Rosie or nobody else' he had said. Before that, however, Vale and Seb had the Ferrari end of year party to attend.

'I have spent more than I ever did for the dress I'm wearing tonight and now I'm second guessing it' she told Pietro, as they walked out of the office.

'and why is that?' He asked her.

'It's really.... revealing... and there's going to be alcohol tonight, I don't want to end up flashing the whole senior management team'

'I can happily keep an eye on the gals' Giorgio said, as he appeared out of nowhere.

'mate, what have said about thinking and then saying the words out loud?' Valeria laughed.

'to not do it?' he asked, cheekily. 'Come on, let me get them all out before the fiancée is around'

'you know Seb is like... the most easy going person on Earth' she chuckled, as they walked out into the car park.

'yeah, but he has the power of getting us all fired and he is protective over you.' He shrugged. 'see you all later on' he waved.

Valeria got into her car and drove to the hotel where she and Seb had booked a room to stay after the party. Seb had offered to drive her to the airport the following day as she was flying to the UK in the early afternoon.

We're in room 408, I checked us in. The bed is really comfy 😏 she read the message as she got out of the car. She shook her head, laughing, as she grabbed her overnight bag. She walked into the hotel, the memory of her first team night going back to her. She smiled looking out to the balcony she and Seb had one of their first conversations and he had given her his jacket. It felt like years had passed since that day, she hadn't imagined her life would turn out as good as it did when she moved up to Maranello. She walked up to the room and knocked on the door.

'hello beautiful' Seb leaned over to kiss her. 'how was work?'

'acceptable, I really don't like the new guy though. He's a bit of a dick' she laughed.

'It's fine, PR people are usually horrible' Seb teased her.

'That is so mean! I thought you and Britta were good friends. I'll tell her that!' Valeria chuckled, walking into the room. 'how long have I got?'

'about three hours' Seb replied.

'Good, I'm having a nap' she said, falling face flat on the bed.

She set an alarm and Seb sat next to her on the bed. He pulled her in for a cuddle, playing with her long hair as she slowly fell asleep on his chest.

A couple of hours later, Valeria had taken a shower and changed into her dress. She had opted for an open back burgundy long dress with a deep v neck whilst Seb had chosen a tie of the same shade.

'I have a little something for you' he said, passing her a box. Valeria opened it curious, it was a golden earring and necklace set.

'oh my god, these are beautiful, Seb. Thank you! You shouldn't have' she kissed him.

Seb helped her put the necklace on, watching their reflection in the mirror of the bathroom where Valeria was getting ready. Seb's fingers slowly caressed her bare shoulders, lingering on her tattoo. 'you never told me what this meant' he whispered, kissing her bare skin.