10. Lunch at the Raikkonens

'we are here, Kleine' Seb woke her up, gently shaking her.

'wow, I didn't expect to sleep this much' she got up to stretch 'You're comfy' she said.

They walked out of the plane into the arrivals. 'Car rental place is just down there' Seb told her.

'do you mind if I go get a coffee? I'll meet you there in a minute. Would you like one?' Valeria told him.

'I'm good for the moment, thank you.' He gave her a quick kiss. 'see you outside'

Valeria nodded and walked over to the little airport café. She ordered her drink and walked out with it not long after, following the signs for the car rental car park. Seb was waving at her from the side of a black WV golf.

'how long will it take us to get where we need to go and is it mountain roads?' Valeria asked him.

'About half hour. And yeah, might be a bit of mountain roads. Why?'

'This is going to sound so ridiculous, but can I please drive? I suffer from motion sickness if I'm not driving' she explained.

'sure, i mean, it's nice to get a break' he joked, getting in the passenger seat.

'Which one is the brake again?' she asked him, turning the car on.

Valeria followed the sat nav and got them out of the airport. She looked around, as she drove, to take in the beauty of the Alps. It reminded her of when she used to go on holiday to the mountains with her paternal grandparents. Seb's hand brushed her right leg, bringing her back to reality. She gave him a small smile, watching him hum along to 'I have just seen a face' by the Beatles.

'I have never known
The like of this, I've been alone
And I have missed things
And kept out of sight
But other girls were never quite
Like this'

'Do you listen to anything that isn't from the 60s and 70s?' she teased him.

'this is your music' he reminded her.

'True, I did put the Beatles on because I know they're your favourite.' She told him. 'I mean, i don't mind them myself but I also like recent stuff' she teased him. 'does it mean I can change to Rammstein? You know.. to learn better?'

'you can do whatever, as long as we don't crash. You're 5 kmph over the limit'

'Excuse me? I thought you were a formula1 driver, I'll slow down... grandma!'

'I know I can drive at speed, how do I know you're not going to kill us?'

'Ouch. Hurtful' she laughed.

Just before they had to come off the motorway, Valeria stopped off at a shopping centre to get stuff she needed for dinner. She left Seb in the car, as it would have been a lot easier for her to get in and out quickly. She grabbed a few provisions for the evening and the following morning. She bought toys for Kimi's sons, a bottle of red wine to bring the following night and a bouquet of flowers for Minttu.

She walked back to the car with all of it and watched Seb's amused face.

'what are you laughing at, Vettel?' she asked, getting in the driver seat again.

'Nothing, I didn't expect you to come back with that much stuff. Did you get me anything?'

'nope'

'mean' he said, as she turned the engine on again.

'I think we're here, Seb' she told the German, who had fallen asleep. 'I'm not such a bad driver, in the end, am I?'