27. Make this the last one

Valeria was lying down on the sofa, her head resting on Seb's lap. He had been quiet since they had got back, Valeria couldn't really fault him, he was angry. She received a notification from twitter, with part of her job being to keep an eye on Charles' socials as he still did them himself.

She read the tweet he just posted and sighed loudly. Charles had mentioned something about wishing the second car would be higher up and the fans were all chipping in. Some calling Seb old and done, some questioning Charles' choice of words, calling Seb the second car and some asking him why he didn't follow orders.

'for fucks sakes Charles' she exhaled. 'amore, I'll be right back.' She quickly kissed Seb, who was looking at her confused.

Valeria walked out of the room and knocked on Charles' door.

'vale?' he asked surprised. 'what's up?'

'You might wanna delete your last tweet, mate' she told him, getting in the room.

'Why?' his eyes widening.

'you can't call Sebastian the second car, people are going to jump at that shit. Also, not after the shambles of q3, people are trying to find a way to blame us for everyone not setting a lap time. Did you not hear Lewis?' she asked, gesticulating.

'are you sure you're not asking for a personal reason?' Charles blurted out.

'How fucking dare you? I have your interests in mind. You're young, these people are going to eat you alive'

'that ring says otherwise.'

'don't... you... i can't believe what I'm hearing. Mr . Leclerc, I know what people are calling you the predestinato and all of that. Don't let it get to your head. And don't fucking question my morals. I'm here to do a job. But you know what? Tweet whatever the fuck you want. I'll quit, so you don't have to be worried about my bias anymore.' She walked out of the room and just broke down in tears in the corridor. She had had enough.

'Kleine?' Seb's voice came from the end of the corridor. 'Valeria?' he was getting closer. 'Schatzi, what's up? Why are you crying?'

'I'm done. I'm utterly and absolutely done. I might as well pack my shit up and go back to Rome tomorrow. I'll find a job that's less awful to my mental health.'

'Don't be silly, come back to the room, let's talk.' Seb offered her his hand. She slowly got up, angrily wiping off her tears with her hand. 'oh not this as well' she huffed, as she spotted Nico Rosberg going back to his room.

'Newbie, are you ok?' he asked. He actually looked and sounded worried.

'yeah, yeah. I'm all good.' She tried to smile.

'You don't look it. Was ist los, Seb?'

'Ich weiß es nicht' Seb replied. 'What's going on, Schatzi?' he asked her again, his voice down to a whisper.

'Guys, come in the room. There's a few too many people that can see us in the corridor' he openwd the door and let them in.

'thanks, Nico' Seb told him. He made Valeria sit on a chair as Nico passed her a bottle of water.

Valeria had managed to compose herself again, sipping slowly from the bottle.

'this is gonna start some rumours' she finally said, trying to lighten up the mood.

'wanna tell me what happened? All I know you said Charles' name and then disappeared'

'was it the tweet?' Nico asked. 'he's deleted it now, but i have seen it.'