Monaco 2014 pt. 3

I am not even gonna say anything about yesterday's race. Absolutely speechless.
Have a good week! :) HB3112

On race day, Valeria woke up with Jules' arm around her. They had shared a bed every day since she had travelled to Monaco to see him and she hadn't slept that well in years. She turned around to face him, he was still asleep and looked so peaceful. She slowly passed her hand over his face, watching him smile.

'Bonjour, mon précieux' he mumbled, pulling her closer. 'I can't believe you're going tomorrow, I loved having you around'

'I know, I don't really want to go back either, but I guess the real world is waiting for both of us'

'Vale' Jules said, after a brief pause.

'what have I done? You never call me Vale' she joked.

'I... nothing... we'll talk about it after the race. I need to get ready.' He pushed himself up from the bed.

'cool, sure. Get some points in, will ya?'

'Sure, I'm starting p17 and Monaco is an easy overtake' he chuckled.

'well, you never know what happens in Monaco though. No heroics into Saint Devote, please' she joked.

'you're such a dork, babe' Jules kissed her cheek and walked to his bathroom.

'great drive Jules, p9! What a drive, well done' Valeria heard through the headset she had convinced one of the mechanics she needed to be fully immersed in the race. She jumped up clapping, she couldn't believe the race her friend had.

'see? I told you I needed a headset, Cam' Valeria told Cameron, the mechanic, as she went to congratulate the team on the weekend's work.

'Maybe you bring Jules luck, are you sure you don't wanna hang around at every race?' he joked.

'I would, if I had the money to not have to work'she chuckled, as her friend was bringing the car back in the garage.

'well done, J! Told you you'd get points' she told Jules after he had celebrated with his mechanics

'you're my lucky charm, Taz, maybe I need you here all the time' he gave her a smile.

'get me a job, then' she joked. 'podium celebrations?' She asked.

'you go, I got bits to do. I'll see you at home?' he asked. Valeria nodded, giggling the copy of the keys he had given her.

Valeria watched as Nico Rosberg celebrated his win, with Lewis and Daniel alongside him. She thought about the possibility of one day being there to celebrate her friend's podiums or wins, maybe in the famous Red suit she knew he deserved.

The celebrations had finished and drivers and mechanics had started to move on to their next engagements when Valeria heard someone shout her name.

'Champagne?' Dan offered with one of his wide smiles.

'sure, you know better than I do I never say no to a drink. Congratulations on p3, by the way.' She opened up her arms for a hug, which he took. Dan passed her the bottle of champagne, watching her pour into her mouth from a distance and getting most of it on her shirt and through her nose.

'I'm not sick, you know, you could just drink from the bottle like a normal person' he chuckled.

Valeria smiled, drinking another sip from the bottle.

'We basically kissed now. Who's gonna tell Jules?' She joked.

'Everyone dreams about this moment, Taz, consider yourself lucky' Dan winked. 'see you at the party later?'