36. Japanese GP

Valeria woke up to an empty bed. It was 12 pm so she wasn't surprised Seb had left her for his appointments. She got up to make herself a coffee.

Gone to train, you must have come back super late because you were passed out when I got up. There's a coffee pod ready for you, just press it. Love you, S.

She smiled, sipping the hot beverage she had just prepared. She decided to change into sports gear and have a quick workout in the hotel gym before grabbing some lunch.

She changed into Seb's football shorts she had "borrowed" and an England rugby training top her granddad had got her. She turned her Bluetooth headphones on and walked to the gym.

She saw almost every driver in there with their trainers, so she tried to find an area that hadn't been colonised by the strict regimes of F1.

She turned her gym playlist up and started running on the treadmill. She spotted a couple of the "wags" training too and realised that, once again, her outfit was a complete mess compared to their branded and colour coordinated sets they were wearing. Some of them were even wearing make-up. Valeria wondered how they could as she passed her towel on her face to contain the sweating.

She moved over to upper body machines, still entranced in her music, not paying attention to anything and anyone. She turned auslander by rammstein up as she pushed through her last set.

'Ich bin kein Mann für eine Nacht

Ich bleibe höchstens ein, zwei Stunden

Bevor die Sonne wieder lacht

Bin ich doch schon längst verschwunden

Und ziehe weiter meine Runden'

She returned the machine to its original place and took a deep breath. She dried her face again and fixed her hair.

'So you can't support me, but you can support England? I'm taking it personally, now' a voice made her jump. She turned around to see Lewis smiling at her.

'You scared the shit out of me. You're not winning any points doing that' she joked.

'I'm sorry. You looked... upset, if that's the right word. Thought I'd come say hi and distract you from whatever it's going on in your head'

Valeria looked at him surprised. She reached for her water and took a sip, to take some time to think before replying. How did Lewis know something was wrong? And why did he care helping her out?

'thank you' she said eventually. 'You know, it's nothing personal. I've been brought up in a mostly Ferrari supporting house... so, if when you started winning so much, you had done it in red, I would have probably been your number 1 fan' she joked. 'mum loves you, though, if it makes you feel any better'

'it does a little' he joked. 'is everything good, Valeria?' he asked her.

'yeah, I think I've got lots of stuff going on in my head at the moment and sometimes I just overthink. It's nice of you to worry, you barely know me'

'yeah, but you matter to Seb, so you must be a good one' he smiled. 'congratulations, by the way.' He nodded to her ring.

'thank you. It's heartwarming to see yours and Seb's friendship. Maybe the fans are right, maybe you are a couple' she teased him.

Lewis let out a laugh 'no offence, very handsome man, but not my type' Valeria chuckled 'I know the whole situation must be hard on him and you. I know he's coping his own way, but I know you're helping him out a lot. I just hope you're coping too, don't let the mind take over you'