26. Shambles in Q3

Hello everyone! 
Thank you so much, again, for all the votes and the lovely words you lot have for this book!
I have been thinking about a bonus chapter about Monaco 2014, with Jules being the main protagonist, but also a bit of 2014 Sebastian. Would you guys be interested in it? Let me know!

Thanks and happy reading!
HB3112

'Pietro, I'm outisde. Come out!' Valeria had just parked outside her friend's flat, ready to pick him up to travel to Monza. They had decided to carpool, using the time spent in the car to shoot her piece for the answers to the tifosi questions. Valeria and Pietro had looked over the questions together and had picked some they thought could actually be useful to get to know her and ignoring the gossip ones.

'I'll be down in a minute, look out of the window, Stefano is waving' her friend replied. Valeria looked out of her window and waved at her friend's husband, who pulled a shocked face as he pointed at her left hand and gave her a little clap.

She smiled, she had grown really fond of the two men, they had become her family away from home. Whenever she had a bad day, she would go to the flat to have a little vent. Especially when she didn't want to bother Sebastian with her issues.

'please, drive safely'Pietro joked, getting in. He mounted a gopro on her dashboard checking the frame on his phone. 'this is going to be a fun thing to watch back.'

Valeria smiled, taking a sip from the coffee she had made for the trip. She let Pietro choose the music and he had opted for a late 90s playlist.

'3 hours in a car together. Let's see how long we last' she joked, as she indicated to turn out of the little town.

'I give us about 10 minutes.' Pietro joked. 'oooh. It seems like we are going to hit some traffic. Let's get work out of the way then' he joked.

Valeria thought she had been clever, leaving early in the morning, however she had forgotten about the rush hour traffic of people going to work and as soon as they had hit the motorway, they ended up in standstill traffic.

'let's do this.'Pietro started 'hello guys! You have all asked for this. Hurtful, as you didn't want to hear from me, but alas! Here's your q&a with the one and only Valeria Proietti. Thanks for all your questions, we have chosen a few, but we might end up doing more! First question: how comes you didn't continue karting? You seem to have some talent from what you showed us in Germany.'

'wow, thanks! I think the boys were both being nice back in Hockenheim. I didn't continue karting because it was getting too much, with sponsors and politics. I just wanted to do it as a hobby, I couldn't see myself having a career in it, so I concentrated on other things.. like university.'

'we have noticed you have a tattoo in memory of Jules Bianchi. Can we know the story behind it?'

'I met Jules as a kid, he was only a year older than me so we raced in the same categories for a while. As my dad was a good friend of Charles' late father, we ended up spending lots of time together. I can say, Jules was the best friend I ever had.' She took a deep breath, trying not to cry. 'I used to visit him a lot when he lived in Viareggio and that's also how I met Dan...Daniel Ricciardo. I was there when he got Marussia's first points, I was there for the highs and the lows. I got this tattoo when Jules passed. We always said we would get one, together, but I was always too much of a chicken to actually do it. So, yeah, I decided to have a permanent reminder of him. And a reminder that life is short, so you have to seize the moments'

'A bit of great life advice, honestly.' Pietro smiled to her. 'third question: why have you got a British accent and how many languages do you speak?'