50. Game night

The year 2020 had started with literal fireworks for Valeria and Seb, but reality had soon sunk in that, even if they had vowed to each other that it would be the best year of their lives, the world had something else in mind. A new deadly virus had been devastating China and the fear of a global pandemic was getting real, especially as countries closed up their borders as numbers rose. The Chinese GP had already been cancelled even before winter testing.

'I don't have a good feeling about this year' Valeria huffed, as she sat down with Pietro for lunch. She had started her new job as soon as the factory reopened from the Christmas break. She was enjoying being part in the middle of the decision making team, but most of the time she ended up listening to higher ups and managers discussing their own ideas without any input from her.

'I don't either, it's been two weeks you've left me with Fabrizio and I am already looking for another job. He's such a....' he stopped as he saw the afore-mentioned man walk towards their table.

'Pietro, I had an idea for the social media channels, if I forget please remind me when we are back' he said. He walked off straight after without even looking Valeria in the eye.

'Hello and goodbye, I guess' she shrugged. 'what a prick' she whispered.

Busy tonight? Her phone had just buzzed with a message from Lando.

Yeah, Seb's gone home for a few days and I'm gonna be able to play games without feeling judged lol 

 Why? She replied. She and Lando had started chatting quite a lot, she wondered if it was all a strategy from McLaren to lure her in.

Exactly why I was texting you. Wanna play some COD?

Sure, why not. Hit me up on discord and steam, my tag is V4l3r14P.

Wow. Discord AND Steam?! You're definitely not Vettel's fiancée. What time works for you?

Valeria laughed out loud. It was true, Seb had his own way of using technology but she found it empowering. He was only born three years before her but his soul belonged to a different era and that's what made him so special.

Any time after 7 pm, so 6 for you. Just give me time to get home and get set up.

Fair. Let's do around 7.30 Italian time. See ya later x

In a bit, Norris x

By 7.30 Valeria had already taken a shower, had dinner and was setting up her pc. She felt her phone vibrate and saw Seb's face on her screen. She picked up 'evening'

'hey, Schatzi. Just thought I'd see how you were, hope you're not enjoying my absence too much.' He told her.

'I'm all good. Work was OK today, but it's still weird coming home and you're not here. But, I'm about to play games with Lando, which I never get to do when you're around'

'I'm sorry I wanna spend time with you' he joked 'what's that Italian saying you taught me?' Seb chuckled. 'When the cat's not around?'

'The mice dance, yeah.' Valeria laughed. 'How's everyone back home?'

'very well, thanks. Wanna guess what's the first thing my own niece asked me when I met with Stefanie this morning? Wo ist Tante Valeria? Nobody cares about me anymore' he smiled.

Valeria couldn't contain a wide smile herself, Martha had really taken a liking to her and had started calling her Aunt without anyone ever mentioning the word to her.