33. Post Singapore

Coming back now. I hope you haven't taken a shower yet, because I'd be quite disappointed. Seb messaged. Valeria smiled, she had just got out of the shower, the humidity of Singapore mixed with the champagne shower the two drivers had given her wasn't a good feeling on her skin.

I just got out (someone decided to shower me in champagne)...but one can never be too clean. She replied, smirking. But you know we are meeting the team at the bar, to celebrate.

Seb: I'll be super quick

Vale: exactly what a gal likes to hear.

Seb: don't worry, you'll enjoy it.

Valeria shook her head, smiling. Seb always had a way to make her feel like she was a teenager at her first crush. She didn't even bother changing from her bath robe, as she just threw herself on the bed looking at her phone.

She scrolled through socials, she was curious about what people were saying but also knowing she was going to regret it.

Seeing @proiettivale on the podium trying to contain tears just shows us how pure their relationship is. I don't care what others say. #singaporeGP

Uhm... interesting to see the choice of having the PR officer for the team up there when she's dating the guy that only won because of strategy. #singaporeGP

So, Sebastian couldn't win without the strategy screwing over Charles, but his gf still gets to celebrate up there on the podium? #singaporeGP

Fuck you all, you're jealous. You can see from miles away what this win meant to both of them. And Seb did a kick ass out-lap. Let them be. @proiettivale, I'm with you #singaporeGP

Valeria was so tempted to reply to all of them, instead she put her phone by the side of the bed and put it on charge. She heard the door unlock and she jumped up. Seb had just walked in, a bright smile on his face. She didn't even give him a chance to speak, she just jumped at him, latching her arms behind his neck and kissing him.

'Wow, somebody missed me' Seb teased her, giving her a soft kiss.

'I wanted to kiss you after the win, I wanted to tell you how proud you made me... I wanted to do so many things but I couldn't. I hate this. I hate not being able to be myself.' She kissed him again. 'I love you so much. Don't listen to anyone saying shit about you. You won because you kick ass, not because of strategy. Now...' she kissed him again, taking his hand to lead him to the bathroom 'for that shower you promised?' she smirked.

Valeria had changed into a summer dress, opting for sandals instead of heels for a more casual look. Singapore was too hot, in her opinion, to put on a full face of make-up and struggle on heels. She and Seb joined the team, late, as it had become their habit to do so.

'you guys are always late. I think you're a bad influence' Pietro told Valeria, after she had grabbed a drink.

'Don't blame me, it's Seb's fault.' Pietro didn't look too sure 'I swear. I'm usually ready before he is... we... just... get distracted easily' she blushed.

'Ew! I didn't want to know that' he laughed.

'Have you seen Charles? I promised him a drink'

'Yeah, he's over there with Albon and Co.' He pointed to the other side of the room.

Charles was in deep conversation with the three 2019 rookies and Max. Valeria ordered a drink for him and walked over.

'I don't think it was fair, but I have looked at data and he did push on the out lap. I don't think it was strategy' Charles was saying. Valeria noticed the Dutch driver looking up to her , which made Charles stop to see who it was.