25. A gloomy Spa

Hello all! 
It's weird it's not race week this time, but for us Seb fans, probably best this way! 
Thank you again for all the reads, comments and votes! Hope you're all still enjoying this and let me know if there's anything you'd like to see more of (or less of!). 

Have a lovely weekend!
HB3112

Valeria had not long checked into the hotel in Belgium, when she heard a knock on the door. She opened it and was met by Pietro's smiley face.

'good evening, babe.' He kissed her cheek. 'I have just arrived and I'm ready to take you out for dinner to get ALL the details.'

'it's nice to see you too. I'm good, by the way, thanks for asking' she replied ironically. 'come in, I just need to get out of plane clothes' she continued, letting Pietro into hers and Seb's room.

'Jesus. This is fancy' he said, looking around the luxurious room. 'I thought I was lucky being in the fancy hotel too. Maybe I should start banging a driver' he teased her.

'I'm telling Stefano.' She laughed, quickly going into the bathroom to change. She walked out not long later wearing a pair of black jeans and an oversized jumper. 'let's go!' she told Pietro. The two left the hotel, laughing and chatting, Pietro wrapped his arm around her as they started walking to the restaurant he had picked.

They sat at the table, catching up about their holidays over a glass of wine.

'how was Calabria?' Valeria asked him, sipping her Chianti, watching him busy himself with the menu.

'It was good, Stefano really needed to be on the beach. He feels like he's reset now and ready to go. We had so much nice food as well, I think I've gained 5 Kilos if not more' he joked, touching his belly. 'how were Rome and the Maldives?' he smirked, eyeballing her engagement ring, but trying to be inconspicuous.

Valeria smiled, it had taken him a whole twenty minutes before he asked her. She had expected him to ask the question straight away. 'Rome was good. We were busy with family, friends and sightseeing. I think one day we walked the whole historic centre... our feet were done after that! Then Maldives were amazing. Great food, great weather, the water was fantastic!' she unlocked her phone to show him some pictures she had taken of them on her gopro. 'I didn't want to leave' she concluded.

'And how... you know?' Pietro asked her, looking around to see if anyone was listening to them.

'Oh, mate. It was so beautiful. We went to this private beach, he had laid out a picnic, we had champagne... he told me he was going to get a fire going. I was just looking out into the ocean.. he calls me, I turn around and there he is!' she summarised. She scrolled through her phone to find a picture of the place she was describing. 'I bawled my eyes out that night. I still can't believe it!' she concluded. Pietro grabbed her left hand to examine the ring.

'I need to get Stefano to up his game. This is some heavy ring' he joked. 'What are you doing with work, then?'

'We spoke about it. We have informed the people who need to know, but I'm not going to wear this around the paddock, just to avoid any comments' she explained.

The pair continued catching up for a while. Valeria was just finishing off a slice of chocolate cake, when Pietro's phone rang.

'hey!' he picked up, turning his video on.

'Hey, babe. How's Vale?' Valeria heard Stefano's voice come through.

'she's all good, here!' he turned the camera around, catching her with the fork in her mouth and chocolate around the edges.

'Cute. Hey Vale!' Stefano laughed. Valeria gave him a wave. 'you guys might wanna check twitter. Apparently you're cheating on Seb with Pietro?' he told them, laughing.