- 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚'𝙨 -

—❦—

Nesryn

Nesryn.

— AS THE NIGHT DRAGGED ON, I grew more and more bored from sitting upon Eric's lap. Studying the same type of person every night was growing dull. I needed a place that allowed me to view real people, people who didn't come here to fuck or drink. I needed a forest and a lake and to view some happiness in my life. Eric seemed disinterested and stone cold to my proposal, he had never blanked me like it before and even if I was numerous centuries younger then him, I wasn't stupid and I could certainly protect myself.

As the bar grew empty and all that was left was Pam, Eric, Longshadow, Ginger and I. To be fair both Longshadow and Ginger were completely oblivious to the fuelling argument between Eric and I whereas Pam was used to our usual arguments over the same thing.

My safety.

"I'm just asking for one night where we don't spend our time in the bar where every night is the exact same."
"Nesryn, we've talked about this, it's not sa-..." I interrupted.
" 'Not safe for me because I'm special and if other vampires or anyone else finds out what I am then I'm gonna be in danger' " I imitated his usual speech about my specialness and safety.

"Yes I know, but I can keep my wings in and I can blend in really well. I promise if I just-..."
"I said NO!" He yelled and I took a step back from shock, Pam and all the others in the room did so too.
"You-... fuck you." I said before running to the door and ignoring his calls. He sped out but before he could reach me I had released my wings and launched myself into the air, flying away from Shreveport and finding myself in Bon Temps.

Upon seeing the lake I flew down and landed on the small dock before kneeling and touching the water. I put my wings back in and shivered upon feeling them in my back.

The water felt like home.

The lake where I met Eric and Godric, where I would walk through and bathe feeling the soft dirt of the ground beneath my feet. The way the lily pads grew around me as I sang while brushing my hair. That was a time when I felt happiness amongst nature but it was so different now. I felt so much joy with Eric but at times I couldn't bear his self righteous attitude. His constant need to protect me from a threat I can't protect myself from because I don't know what it is.

Neither does he, that's for sure.

I heard a commotion, yelling of some sort and decided to investigate. There I found a tall muscular man with a chefs apron on, yelling at someone or other on a phone. I scrunched my brows and came to investigate.
"Hooker I got no time for this, I'll see you around." I smiled at his abruptness and tone of voice and watched as he walked into a cabin.

"Merlotte's..." I muttered before walking toward it and noticing the flickering light. I clicked my fingers and watched it correct itself and smiled before surveying the area to investigate further. As I came upon the entrance I noticed a couple of hillbilly's eyeing me like meat and simply ignored them as I trekked across the car park to the entrance.

The first door was on the side so as I made it to the first I felt a wave of the atmosphere flow into me, it was happy. So happy that I grinned to myself like an idiot before gently pushing the door open. Upon doing so I seemed to attract a bountiful amount of attention. It was like someone had cut off the music and I was the one who had done it.

I smiled while smoothing down my dress and walking to the glossed, mahogany bar. I looked around and noticed three very beautiful waitresses, all distinct from their hair colours and styles. I turned my attention to the bar where a man of great respect leant against it on  the serving side.

"What can I get ya?" He asked, his southern accent being strong but understandable in comparison to some I had heard.
"Oh... I don't-... Irish whiskey?" I giggled and knew how much trouble I would be from Eric when he found out I had drunk-flied home. He knew I was the biggest lightweight around.
"With ice?" I nodded, placing my gloved hands on the bar.
"And a straw please." I said before pulling out a 20$ bill for the drink, I handed it to him and he refused.

"You're new, it's on the house." I blushed and smiled before spinning myself around and watching the people. I noticed three young men playing pool, one was a tall man in his late 20s with short hair and sweet smile, the second was a shorter man with brunette hair and moustache, he was strong. The third was a blonde pretty boy who reminded me of someone from 'Point Break' and I couldn't help but chuckle at my own joke. I sipped the whiskey and felt the warm, settling feeling down my throat and I sighed having not drunk alcohol in so long. My own idea since I couldn't handle it.
"Where are you from?" The bartender asked and I smiled, placing my glass on the bar.
"England originally, but I moved to Scotland when I was in my teens. I lived alone for a long time before meeting my partner and travelling with him. We found ourselves shacked up in Shreveport, marvellous." I said with plenty of sarcasm and he laughed too.

"How long have you been together?" I quickly took a drink before brainstorming.
"7 years now, I can barely believe time has... passed so quickly." He smiled before looking to the side and rolling his eyes.
"Well excuse me Miss but I couldn't stand the thought of such a pretty lady like you sittin' by her lonesome at the bar." The blonde heartbreaker from earlier said and I tilted my head with an upturned lip.
"Why thank you sir but I am quite content." He sat down in the neighbouring stall and looked me up and down.

"What's your name?" He asked, leaning on the bar from interest.
"What do you think it is?" He leant back and looked me up and down.
"You look like you stepped out of a time machine if I'm honest." He laughed, as did I. He was a sweet little thing. "Marilyn, like Marilyn Monroe. The most beautiful woman in th- oh wait second most beautiful woman who ever lived. Guess who takes the top spot?" He raised his brow and I friend away with a smile.

"As beautiful of a name as Marilyn may be, my name is a little stranger." He didn't seem to listen quite properly and just stared into my eyes dreamily. "My name is Nesryn, what's yours?" I asked, interested in this mans intents for me.
"Now that is a beautiful name if I ever heard one, and I ain't never even heard of it." He said and I laughed.
"It means 'wild rose', what's yours?"
"I'm Jason and Jason means... me."
"From my knowledge Jason means 'healer' or 'cure', it's Greek I believe." He seemed intrigued by my knowing as if all he had ever encountered was women with an ounce of knowledge.

"What are your intentions with me Jason?" I asked and he coughed a little, unsure of the nature of question I had asked.
"Well, none if you don't want them. I just think you're the prettiest thing that's ever walked into this bar." I looked down at my finger, the glittering nature of the diamond being where my attention lie.

"I hate to ruin your attempts Jason, but I am completely and utterly taken."