- 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 -

—❦—

Nesryn

Nesryn

— I WANDERED DOWN the stairs from the roof like a zombie, not hearing nor seeing anything as my ears had popped and my eyes were filled with tears. I stumbled and fell into the wall and that just pushed me over the edge. I slid down onto the floor and cried so hard that I thought I would never stop. It was like every single memory of Godric passed through my mind and no matter what I couldn't contain my emotions.

1924: Chicago, America.

"Dance with me Eric, please." I begged, my black and gold flapper dress awaiting some action on the dance floor in the infamous vampire jazz bar. I looked at Godric smirking at me while he sipped from a goblet of blood, his arm thrown over the back of the leather seat.
"I'm a little busy right now sweetheart." He said, motioning to the woman he was draining from the neck. I sighed but Godric stood and held out his hand and I smiled.
Unbelievably, I danced with Godric all night and even more unbelievably, he was a bloody good dancer. In fact, he was probably better than Eric. In all my years, I had never seen the vampire participate in dances and lest to say I was relieved that he could dance. I almost thought in nearly 2000 years he hadn't learned and that would be a travesty for sure.

As we were walking home in the depths of the night and I held Eric's hand and I took Godric's too. Eric noticed but it didn't seem to phase him and I walked wondering if what I would initiate at home would anger him.

Entering our marvellous house in the new world, I pulled Godric into a kiss and I slammed him against a wall. Eric came behind me and kissed my neck before biting me from behind where Godric did the same for the opposing side. I could barely stand because of their hunger but Eric stopped and turned me around before kissing me animalistically. I felt Godric's hand beneath my dress as he continued to feed on me.

I stopped and backed away before smiling at the both of them, my very own blood smeared across my lips. Eric sped me upstairs with Godric not far behind.

Present

I opened the door to our bedroom and saw Eric sat on the bed, tears of blood streaming down his face. At this rate, I thought he would've ran out. I stood before him and tilted his head up.

"Godric is gone."

I looked to the floor and nodded.
"I'm so sorry my love." I bought his head to rest on my chest and he bought me down to straddle his lap where we hugged before collapsing on the bed and sleeping all day. When we awoke, I first called Pam to break the news, she took it well over the phone but I knew in truth she was devastated. Mainly for Eric and I as she knew the bond we three held.

We immediately hopped on a flight back to Shreveport, not wanting to be in Dallas where everywhere I looked I just imagined Godric existing there.
We needed to try and recover from this trip as it was probably the worst business vacation we'd ever had. Not only had I almost been raped and blown to smithereens, I had lost the greatest friend I had left. For Eric? He had lost his maker, the vampire who had taught him everything he knew about being what he is. I couldn't imagine what he was going through.

"I love you and I've lost too many people to ever even think about letting you go." I said as he stared out of the window into the night sky.
"I love you... Nesryn I can't-... I can't bare it. Why does it hurt so much?"

"Because you loved him."

—————————————————–

As we reached Fangtasia, we met with Pam who hugged Eric immediately. She looked back at me and came to me too, surprising me by being so affectionate.
"Are you okay?" Her voice breaking a little as tears of blood drowned her eyes out from their natural blue.
"I will be, we both will, but it's all so fresh right now." Eric walked straight to our bedroom and I looked at Pam with little hope in my eyes for Eric recovering very soon.
"Suns coming up." I said and she nodded, making her way to ground.

Rushing into the bedroom I watched Eric looking at my plants in the hallway prior to the room. I decided to sing to spruce them up a bit and when I did so Eric turned to me.
He had never looked so defeated.
"How do you feel about sex?" He asked and I truly didn't know how I felt about having it.
"I'm unsure-..."
"Then we won't do anything until you are." I nodded and pounced into his arms, he carried me to the room where we prepare for a well needed sleep in our very own bed.

—————————————————–

I awoke once again to Ginger screaming but this time it was outside and there was thankfully no gunshot.
"What the hell is going... on?" I paused as soon as I saw Sam and two younger children stood by him. I wrapped my white feather rimmed gown around my white satin nightie.
"Erm... Sam what are you doing here? And who are these lovely little ones?" I cooed walking towards the kids and kneeling in front of them.

"I need to talk to Eric... I completely forgot you were h-..."
"Yeah, I know, here let me get you all some food and a drink." I looked to Ginger and she started getting some drinks for them. I worked on some food from the kitchen that only I ever used anyway.
"Here you go." The kids are ferociously, obviously starving. I noticed the dirt on their clothes and the mess in their hair and now I needed an explanation.
"What's going on? Why are these kids not with their mother?"

"Something crazy is going on in Bon Temps, we think that it's some kind of... sickness or spell. Maryann she's... causing the town to go insane." My attention peaked and my memory drew me back to my library in Italy. I would spend hours researching myths and legends of the Greeks and the Romans, as well as the Viking's but that was mainly to impress Eric.
"Were their eyes black? The people under the influence of this sickness?"
"Mama's eyes were as black as dogs wet nose ma'am." The little boy said and I chuckled at his analogy.
"This... Maryann, does she do anything out of the ordinary?" Sam rubbed his hands against one another as he leant on his legs. "If you don't want to talk about it, or don't know how to explain then I should be able to see it." I held out my hand and he took it curiously.

I was transported back to a moment I hadn't expected. A younger Sam, perhaps 18 was laying beneath Maryann as they had sex with one another. They spoke for a moments but it was when Maryann began to entirely vibrate was when the dream cut out.

I snatched my hand away and he scrunched his brows.
"Are you like aunt Sookie?" The little girl asked and I smiled.
"It's more that she's like me, I'm a lot older than you think."
"How old are you?" The boy asked as Sam was about to ask the exact same question.
"Yeah... how old are you?"
"I celebrated my 692nd birthday a few months ago." All three of their mouths dropped and obviously didn't believe what they were hearing.

I told them all to get some rest while I woke Eric and waking him was not something I was looking forward to. It seems that I had already been beaten to it by Pam and he stood there in a silk lined grey suit with a black shirtbeneath.
"Bloody hell." I muttered and he turned with a smile, speeding over.
"You like?" He asked in a low tone and devious voice. "I decided to cheer myself up with-... shifter." He said as soon as he smelt the scent.
"It's Sam, he's come for help." Eric turned away to finish up his buttons.
"What on Earth would he need help with?"

"I think there's a maenad in Bon Temps."