- 𝙗𝙚𝙟𝙚𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 -

—❦—

Nesryn

Nesryn.

— TALBOT CLAPPED at the dress I wore, it was blue and gold, bejewelled in sequins and beading and overwhelming familiar.
"I recognise this dress... I don't know why but I do." Talbot chuckled and told the servants to get out.
"Mrs Northman... this famous dress was worn by a young Queen Elizabeth, which I had restored." My eyes widened and I turned to him, looking down at the gown in disbelief.
"The restoration was extremely well done." He nodded his head and I turned back to the mirror.

"Wow, I've never worn... a dress from royalty." I looked down at the bracelet from Godric and ran my hands over the platinum petals.
"My god, what a beautiful bracelet." He declared with a gasp, taking my wrist in his hands and admiring the radiant bangle. 
"Thank you it was... it was a princess's." I chuckled at the idea of Godric possibly stealing a Princess's bracelet.
"It still is." I blushed and looked down at his hand caressing my wrist beneath the long sleeved dress.
"I could think of no one more beautiful to wear this dress."
His thumbs began to rise further and further up the sleeve of the dress before the door flew open and Eric walked in.

"You look..." I stepped down from the pedestal, lifting the gown to reveal my bare feet, he smiled and pulled me into a kiss. "exquisite." I smiled with a laughed, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his yearning lips.
"As do you, it appears we match."
I said, comparing his greenish blue jumper to my similar coloured dress.
"Come along now, we have a guest." Talbot said, intercepting our embrace, Eric pulled me gently in front of him to walk ahead of him. He whispered into my ear as we walked along his hand on my waist and his mouth to my ear.

"What's underneath this dress?" I smirked a little but blushed and tuck a stray hair behind my ear. His hand trailed down the centre of my back.
"Nothing of interest." I replied nonchalantly and he laughed deviously. "Maybe nothing at all."
"Honesty is well served." He took my hand as he walked down the first couple steps to help me down in the dress. My feet were still bare and I knew that if they weren't I would've struggled with the many stairs.
"Mrs Northman!" Russell called out, coming out of the dining room clad in a beautiful suit. "I'd like you to meet a very good friend of mine..."

I looked toward the doors of the dining room and almost collapsed at who walked through the doors.

"Lucas Dumont."

My eyes widened and I could hardly breathe so I grabbed my chest in an attempt to maintain breathing. He looked up at me with a smile, his porcelain skin covered in a light stubble and the same lengthy blonde locks as always.

 He looked up at me with a smile, his porcelain skin covered in a light stubble and the same lengthy blonde locks as always

"Russell, I know them both. It'd be fair to say we've met, wouldn't it?" He looked into my eyes and I could barely maintain my pace down the stairs. "Allow me to pour you a drink Mr Northman." He said, motioning to the dining room and Eric looked back at me and I shook my head. He clutched my hand and pulled me in behind him protectively.

We all sat down, Lucas sitting right opposite me, certainly putting me off the food.
"Is something off with the food Mrs Northman?" Talbot said and I clutched my stomach before running off and throwing up in the sink. I turned to Eric and he gently pulled me into an embrace, during which he whispered in my ear.
"I'll rip his head off as soon as I can,
I promise." I nodded into his chest before walked back into the dining hall and sitting calmly.

"I heard about Godric," Lucas began "terrible business. What a vampire he could've been."
"He was. What a vampire he was.
He was stronger and smarter then you could ever be." I interjected, immediately in defence of my late friends' honour.
"I sense some history here." Russell said, who seemed to be living for the drama while he ate his AB+ soup.
"You could say that, couldn't you N-."
"Don't you dare speak her name Dumont. Speak it again and it shall be the last word you ever say." Russell chuckled at Eric's proposition while Lucas growled at the damage to his honour. It was his fangs appearing that ticked Talbot and Russell off.
"I would be content to have her name be the last word I say. For me to own her til the grave." Eric stood and clicked his fangs out and snarled.
Russell dropped his spoon and folded his hands in front of him.
"Gentlemen, this is a formal dinner, keep your fangs away." He said toward the younger vampire with the pride large enough to fill up the mansion and its grounds.
"How do you know each other?" Russell asked, serious faced and curious of the story.

Nesryn immediately spoke.
"Lucas Dumont was a royal pain in everyone's ass in late 18th century Italy. When we got there he had formed an alliance of vampires that would do his bidding. He may have royal blood but there is nothing noble about a rapist." I growled while Lucas scrunched up his hand and smirked, obviously enraged by my comments but held his front.
"Oh... uh oh." Russell said looking at Talbot who could only squint his eyes and study my facade. "How does it make you feel seeing him here Mrs Northman?" I sighed and squeezed Eric's hand beneath the table.

"Rather nostalgic strangely enough." Russell squinted while I maintained my stare into Lucas' eyes.
"And why is that?"
"I was very different 200 years ago, not nearly as bloodthirsty. Granted I'd never hurt a bedroom spider still but I tell you what I would hurt... the man who pretended to be my husband by shifting into him and then fucking me unbeknownst as to who it was. By today's laws, it's rape."

"Shifted?" Talbot asked and looked at Lucas who snarled at her revealing of his secret.

"Lucas Dumont is a hybrid.
Part shifter, part vampire."