- 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 -

—❦—

Nesryn

Nesryn.

1 year later

— LEST TO SAY THINGS HAD CHANGED.

Despite Sookie's year long disappearance and the death of Sophie-Anne at the hands of the newly appointed King of Louisiana, Bill, Eric and I were arguing.

"Eric, do you not understand?!" I yelled, motioning to the 4th letter this year from Lucas. "He's coming for me and he won't back down." Eric shook his head and took the letter in his hands and read it over again angrily. The explicit sexual deviance of the letter was not to be read aloud and were hardly appropriate for any man to say to someone else's wife.
"He is quarter of my age Nesryn and you could take him by yourself, I hate him and I want to kill him but I'm not worried about him because there are bigger things at hand... I want you to do the same." I took the letter from his hand and slammed it down on the table, unleashing my anger.

"He may not scare you... but he does scare me." I muttered, a stale expression to show my sturdiness. Eric sighed and pulled me into his chest by my forearm, he pressed a kiss to the top of my head and stroked my hair. "You will never understand how he made me feel all those years ago... I'd never felt more defiled."
"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I've been an asshole." He pushed me away so we could face one another. "Förlåt mig?" (forgive me?) He pleaded and I couldn't bare arguing about this anymore.

"Of course I forgive you but... Eric, it feels like we will never stop arguing about this." He tilted his head up slightly, allowing me to continue. "I propose we take a break from each other?" He removed just hands from me and turned around before picking up an empty oriental vase before throwing it at the wall. "Calm down." I spoke in a gentle but firm manner and he turned to me, anger ridden like a disease across his face.
"Nesryn-..." he said, his voice breaking and his face transforming from anger to blood streaked cheeks. "I can't be without you." He mutters.

I smiled brokenly and took his hand and pressed my mouth to the veins on the back of it.
"Just a couple days okay?" He looks away in anguish.
"Just go." He says harshly and tears his hand from my own. I look to the floor guiltily. "Go Nesryn."

"Okay... I'll see you."

—————————————————–

As the sun rose in through the glass panes of the house, I took the immediate knowledge of remembering to shut the curtains before I slept and ingrained it into my head. I had slept slightly but couldn't get Eric's broken features out of my mind. He had been upset to no end... but it was not only that which had kept me awake. Sookie had returned yesterday and lest to say I was glad but also worried at the thought of her getting pulled into anymore vampire trouble again. I'd hope that Bill would attempt to stay away from her somehow but apparently that wasn't the case.

I had spent the rest of the day taking care of the garden as no doubt it had been neglected in my time away. The flowers flourished like a rainbow sea of rich reds and fulgurant yellows. I stared at it for hours, finally feeling at peace for once in the last couple days away from Eric. The break had been what I needed and I would go and visit him tomorrow evening. As the sun set and darkness fell - I ate before noticing my phone ringing and when I saw it was Sookie I picked it up immediately at the excitement of talking to the girl who had been missing for so long.
"Hey Sookie how-..." I was cut off by a frantic Sookie who didn't make much sense at all.
"It's Eric, I found him on the side of the road half-naked he then tried to bite me and it's like he doesn't remember anything about himself at all. He knows he's a vampire but-... oh I don't know I'm taking him to you right now."
"Erm... okay." She hung up and lest to say I was completely dumbfounded. I had no idea what she was talking about and none of it was really absorbed but I decided to go dress properly for Eric.

I put on a white sheer mesh dress and ran to the door, opened it wide and hopped down the steps to see Sookie helping Eric out of her car

"Eric?" I questioned and he looked at me innocently but seemed to marvel like he had never seen me before. Sookie led him over by the arm and I stepped down onto the dirt driveway.
"Sookie what's going on?"
"Who are you?" He asks and I laugh a little at the notion.
"Eric, I'm your wife, Nesryn remember?" He steps forward a little and leans down to smell my neck and then my hair.

"You're my wife?" I look at Sookie with warning in my eyes and she shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders. I placed my hand on Eric's face and he bores his virtuous-looking ocean eyes into my own.
"What's the last thing you remember?" He places his hands upon his face and shakes his head.
"I asked him and he started speaking Swedish I'm guessing, all he said was 'a raging fire in her eyes'." I furrowed my brows and looked at the girl.
"I'm glad you're safe Sookie but I'll take it from here.... and whatever you do don't tell anyone about this okay?" She nodded and got into her car.

I looked back to Eric and noticed as he kept staring at me like a piece of art or something.
"Do you... like my dress Eric?" I said as I took his hand and slowly led him in doors. He stopped at the threshold and I chuckled. "It's okay you can come in." He gently steps in and blinks with his eyes wide at the beautiful house.
"You are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I smiled at the floor and he lifted my left hand. "You're mine?" He said and I nodded a little, his gentle tone and demeanour was so unfamiliar to me. His usual brash and cocky attitude had dematerialised into the most innocent humane part of himself and that was all that remained.

"Here, I'll take you to the cubby." I took his hand to guided him but he stopped and looked at our hands adjoined together.
"We don't sleep side by side?" I stepped toward him and made a bit of in an unsettled face.
"Usually... we've been having a couple of days apart recently on the grounds of a... meaningless disagreement." He nodded and motioned for me to guide him to the underground sleeping space. It was hidden behind a book case in the library, the little staircase leading to his light tight bedroom that we designed together.
"It's small but comfortable and-..."
"Thank you." He said and I smiled. He gently raised his hand to my face and stroked it with the slightest touch of his fingertips. "The way you smile... the stars in your eyes... I see why I fell in love with you." I laughed and watched as a slight tear of blood streamed from the inner corner of his eye. I wiped it and shushed him to stop his tears.
"The Eric I know never says things like that," I softly sat him down on his bed "it's like you've been reborn as a poet... Oscar Wilde or Michael Faudet." I hummed as I tucked him into the soft bedding. "Goodnight Eric... we'll figure this out tomorrow."

He took my hand and pulled me towards him.

"Stay with me?"