- 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 -

—❦—

Nesryn

Nesryn.

1948: Cornwall, England.

— THE WAVES OF THE BEACH spoke over one another as if arguing politics like those who didn't understand it. The sand was grainy like minuscule cobbles against the soles of my feet, I couldn't help but rejoice in its touch. I wandered into the wilderness of the water, unafraid of the monsters that lurked within because the monsters of man on dry land were so much more terrifying.

The war had finished 3 years ago and yet and Eric and Godric had not returned home to me. Our exchanging of letters halted about a year ago now and I missed them so much I thought I was gonna go insane. As a remedy to my loneliness, I would often resort to late evening beach strolls. I would imagine me and Eric being together on the beach, where Eric would never shut up about the sun on my face and I would never shut up about his lips on my face. I would prefer the latter to the sun as the sun had shone on all faces at one time in their lives, but his lips was to only to be on my own.

The sun disappeared beyond the clouds, not fighting to stay up any longer and finally allowing the moon to have its chance to illuminate the water. I turned back to the chalk cliffs that towered over me while I stood on the golden sanded beach. I suddenly heard a voice. It was faint and barely detectable but I had automatically recognised it to be astoundingly familiar to me.

I turned, my dress blowing up around me from the wind but I did not care. The green soldiers uniform and tipped helmet adorned the tallest man I had ever laid eyes on.
"Eric?" I whispered, as if it was a question in doubt of what I had known to be true. He dropped the bag he carried onto the sand and sped to me as quickly as the sun had disappeared. I placed my hand to my mouth, attempting not to debaucher an innocent moment with profanity but I still muttered all the words I had ever known to be wrong in the eyes of God beneath my palm.

"Is it really you?" I asked, my voice faint and barely a whisper. It broke like I was broken without him and he took me in his arms and kissed me countless times.
"It's me min ros." He muttered, our foreheads pressed together like the sea was to the sand, inconstantly blaming gravity for he perversion.
"I knew you would come back to me."
He spun me around as the waves filled the gaps between my bare toes.

"I'll always return to you."

I placed the green dress into the suitcase, the very last piece of clothing from my Fangtasia wardrobe. Pam would remain here while I went home to stay away from Russell Edgington. He knew I was important to Eric and no doubt would be looking for me.
"I remember that day," Eric said from the doorframe as I turned to face him "the day I came back to you."
"How could you forget? I don't think you've ever made love to me for so long." He chuckled and walked to me, he seemed troubled by the events and I had never seen him with so much disturbance. "Why must I go? I can't just sit there and twiddle my thumbs and wait for you to die." His hand came to rest on my shoulder, the other tilting my chin toward his own.
"If I die today or tomorrow or anytime soon... then I won't have you die with me. You have to promise that if I meet the true death then you will-.. find some way to move on."

The anger flooded my better judgement and I began to scream and cry for him.
"No! NO! I will never! EVER!" I slapped his face from the audacity and grabbed his throat in my hands before he spun us around and my back was flat on the mattress.
"I'm sorry... but you will go to the house and you will stay there. I have to keep you safe, even if it means dying for you." I placed my forehead on his chest and shook like I had contracted frostbite.
"Stay alive Eric stay alive." I muttered and repeat it to no end as I picked up my suitcase and looked up to the moon. I released my wings and looked into his eyes, the problems between us disappearing and falling into place to create such a spectacle of a moment.

The look of his eyes as the moon and stars shone in and around them, the reflection of myself back up against the night sky was a portrait I would treasure like a glutton would his meat and lust would his sexuality. I wasn't ready to say goodbye and if Eric had a plan that ultimately didn't work, I knew that I could never forgive myself. However, if Eric's last request was for me to leave then I had to respect it... but that didn't mean I would be completely hands off. I had told Eric to open the link between us so I could also feel how he did. A special trait we had discovered upon sharing our blood with one another on countless occasions. If he felt fear for his life then I would come and save him but for now I had to pray to any God that may exist to bless him.

I launched myself up into the sky, wishing as Eric did the same but in the opposing direction. He was on his way to meet Russell and hopefully he wouldn't be meeting anything else. I spotted the house down below and floated to the ground like a shedded feather before landing gently. My legs gave out despite the gentleness and I fell to my knees in despair. The sky was a thick midnight blue as if painted by Van Gogh himself. The beauty of the twinkling sequins of starlight held no comfort for me in their vivacity to blink because I knew I may never feel the love coursing through my veins again. In all my life I had loved nothing like I loved Eric, the ring, the clothes and fancy parties were not a part of who we were. It was always much more than material.

We had met when neither of us had nothing but our surroundings and the few acquaintances we called family. That first time we met was worlds away from how we are now. The way I gaze at him like a new astronomical discovery is how I look at him every time when both of us would shut up about the problems between us. The issues themselves were all futile and tactless and had no real worth amongst our true feelings for one another.

In my eyes, our love was like our lives, imperfect and broken but always improving as time wears on. There are minuscule problems and there are larger problems that tear us down the centre, but a needle and thread was always on hand to mend our bond.

How I wished we were still that couple on the beach.