- 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣 -

—❦—

Nesryn

Nesryn.

— I TOOK A SEAT NEXT TO ERIC as Nan Flanagan and a couple of goons entered the room (Godric, Isabel, Bill and Sookie were all present at the time).

As soon as she sat down I knew the bureaucrat meant business.

Nan Flanagan was a vampire over 800 years old that was the face of the American Vampire League, also known as the AVL. Their goal was to achieve rights for vampires as well being the vampire government that dealt with problems and mishaps in the community. Nan Flanagan would often be on the news arguing with whatever bigot disagreed that vampires didn't deserve rights.

I stood by her politics, but the woman herself was rather insufferable.

"Do you have any idea of the fucking PR mess you've made?" I rolled my eyes at Eric and he smirked before taking my hand. "And who has to fucking clean that shit up? Me.
Not you, me. I should drain everyone of you bastards." I raised my brow at the idea that she could even do so.
I highly doubt it. Eric immediately responded.
"Stan went into that church on his own, none of us knew anything about it." He crouched over and I glanced at Godric who was unequivocally unbothered by her threats.
"Everyone in the last 300 years knew Stan had a kink for slaughtering humans and his nest mates, his sheriff knew nothing about it?" Her gaze towards Godric angered me.

"And how were we supposed to know that this time he meant it?" Isabel replied.
"Not my problem, yours." She looked to Godric who didn't even glance at the official.
"Don't speak to him that way." Eric growled and Nan glared.
"Don't speak to me that way." I was about to interfere with her disrespect but Eric clenched my hand so I stopped myself.

"Let's get onto the matter of how they managed to abduct you." She turned her attention back to the elder.
"They would've taken one of us sooner or later, I offered myself." My eyes widened at the implications.
"No!" I yelled and they all looked at me except Godric.
"They were going to make you meet the sun and you were willing?" Nan asked, also visibly shocked.
"What do you think?" He asked.

"I think that you're out of your mind."
Nan replied. "And then I hear about a traitor?" I watched with alarm as Isabel dipped her head at the mention of what she believed to be her own doing.
"Irrelevant, only a rumour. I'll take full responsibility." Godric replied quickly to defend Isabel.
"You bet you will." She spitefully replied and I clenched Eric's hand in fury at her disrespect.
"You cold bitch." Eric said.

"Fuck you." I said, removing my hand from Eric's before walking out and taking a second to myself. I heard Godric begin to explain the situation with the suicide bomber, not mentioning my containment of the power.
"This a vampire disaster." She said as I walked back in, ready to face the music. All turned their attention to me as I came and sat next to Sookie and took Eric's hand once again.
"Sheriff you've fucked up you're fired." I widened my eyes.
"What?"
"I agree... of course. Isabel should take over she had no part in my disgrace." I shook my head in annoyance.
"Godric, fight back." Isabel said.

"She's a bureaucrat, you don't have to take shit from her!" Eric yelled.
"You wanna lose your area Viking." I gripped Eric's hand once again and he smirked.
"Oh you don't have that kind of power."
"Hey I'm on tv, try me."

"This is my fault! I should've contained Stan the second Godric went missing-..." Godric immediately interrupted her.
"Isabel." She looked at him and sighed at the ceiling. "I have something to say... I am sorry. I apologise for all the harm I've caused to humans and vampires." I looked at Eric and I shook my head in disbelief.
"I will make amends."
"Take it easy, it's just a few signatures." Nan said, standing and patting him on the shoulders before leaving.

"No." I said and Eric stood, we both crowded around him and noticed Eric and Sookie staying behind.
"Look into my heart." He said
"We can't let you do this." Eric replied with anguish in his tone.
"On the roof, the both of you." I shook my head and buried my head into Eric's chest in despair.
"Eric..." I muttered and looked up at him. "I-... I can't lose him too."
"Come..." he said and tugged me along to the roof of the hotel.

"I can't allow this, it's insanity." Eric yelled, as I buried my head in his back.
"Our existence is insanity... we don't belong here. It's not right."
"You taught me that there is no right or wrong only survival... or death." Godric smiled a little.
"I told a lie as it turns out."
"I will keep you alive by force." He stepped towards Godric and threatened, knowing full well it was fruitless and impossible.
"Even if you could, why would you be so cruel?" Eric began to beg in Swedish, pleading for him not to do it. "Let me go."
"I will not let you die alone."

"No!" Nesryn screamed and grabbed Eric's hand but Godric placed his hand on her shoulder.
"Yes you will, as your maker, I command you." Eric stood from the command and turned around to face his wife. He took me in his arms and begged me to feed him my blood.
"Nesryn." Godric said and I walked toward him before taking my nail and scratching my arm and raising it to his mouth. The scent would be irresistible to him, especially having not fed for so long.
"Don't do this." He said, resisting the urge for his fangs to come out.

"What choice do I have? I can't lose you, Eric can't lose you. It will kill his soul, how can you do this?!" I screamed and watched as he turned away. "Just drink... please." He clicked his fangs out and I sighed in relief before he pricked his fingers and healed the wound with his blood.
"No!"
"2000 years is enough." I fell to my knees and sobbed, he joined me and tilted my face up. He stroked my skin and I couldn't bare looking into his eyes, knowing it would be the last time in real life.
"Look after Eric, he needs you." I laughed at his notion.
"And I, him."
"You are the bravest and most beautiful woman I have ever met. You deserve happiness for as long as you want it... but you must allow me to do this." I shook my head.
"But the pain-..."
"I want to burn." He continued to caress my face with a smile. I turned and felt the sun rise from the might sky. "I'm glad your face... is the last I will ever see.

I didn't deserve your friendship."

"No, you deserved better." He chuckled and pulled me into his arms. He stood and pulled me to my feet too.

It was time.

"Goodbye Nesryn."

"Goodbye Godric."