- 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛-𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 -

—❦—

— NESRYN FOLLOWED ERIC'S TRAIL for hours and when the sun began to rise she became more and more desperate

NESRYN FOLLOWED ERIC'S TRAIL for hours and when the sun began to rise she became more and more desperate. When she came so close and he disappeared she fell to her knees and wept for him to return to her.
"Please... don't cry." Eric's cooling voice sounded out and the fae looked up at him with tear-filled eyes. "I'm sorry." He said before helping her to her feet and pulling her into his arms. He sped away to the nearby lake and placed her on the grass verge before diving in and removing his substitute clothes. She looked up at the sun and shielded her eyes from its brightness.
"Please Eric, you're gonna start burning." She muttered and Eric laughed and dived beneath the water and sprouted up, spurting the water from his mouth around him like a human water feature.
"Come in Nesryn! The water is wonderful!" He jumped backwards and laid in the water.
"There is massive alligators in there Eric and if someone sees you then we're both screwed!" She yelled and Eric chuckled.
"The sea monsters are no match for me! I am god of the sea, and you are my sea goddess!" Nesryn rolled her eyes at his Viking analogies. "Gators!... KROKODILERS!" The fae face palmed before watching Eric falter slightly as the sun began to take it's toll. She grabbed Eric's shirt and waded her way to him and wrapped it around his back. He slowly looked up at her, this complete and utter despair in his eyes. The suffering of depriving him of the light.

"But Nesryn... I don't want to go back to the darkness."

The fae looked around and thought for a moment about offering her blood... but pushed that thought back because she wasn't certain he could control himself. He couldn't with Claudine so what's to say he could with her. She was still a stranger to him in a way.
"Come on... you'll have your chance again." He nodded and she shooed him to speed home and she'd catch up but he sped her to the house in his arms.

"Eric, sleep time or you'll get the bleeds." Nesryn said as she unfolded his bed sheets.
"I know what the bleeds are!" He yelled and she was slightly taken aback. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have yelled." Nesryn's heart fluttered a bit at his boyish apology.
"It's alright, I understand that right now it's like everyone else seems to know you better than yourself but maybe that's not completely true." She said as she tucked him in and he grabbed her hand.
"What do you mean?" She chuckled and sat on the side of his bed.
"I think you're like a section of Eric that's been left behind when all else was taken... the most humane part of him. You see glimpses of you in complete Eric but it's like the part pushing you away has been stripped with his memories. It's strange." He massaged the back of her hand lovingly and stared into her sad eyes, as if reminiscing another time.

"Do you want me to get my memories back?" She smiled.
"Of course I do, 250 years of life and love together, I want you to remember that." Eric looked away.
"But... what if I can never get them back? Will you still accept me?" Her eyes gave him the answer he wanted but she still wanted to tell him.
"I love you Eric, no matter which way you are, you are mine and I am yours. There is so much more to you than your memories, even if there is a 1000 year old compilation of them. The real question is: do you want them back? For yourself?" He seemed to harden due to the subject, he was obviously confused as to the ground he stood on.
"I don't know... but if you accept me either way then it does not matter." She smiled before leaning down and pressing a kiss to his forehead.
"I'll see you later? Okay?" He nodded and watched as she gently shut the secret behind her.

Nesryn breathed a sigh of upset and relief all at the same time, she had no idea what to do. If Eric was happy now, then she had no reason to chase after something that may not even be possible but she and Pam would try. She decided she needed a drink and some company and there was only one place she could get that.

Merlotte's.

—————————————————–

Over the past year Sam Merlotte and Nesryn has become extremely good friends, they seemed to have similar souls. Sam may have no liking for her husband but Nesryn for sure didn't hold it against him, Eric was an... acquired taste. He'd probably like him a lot more as he is now which was rather amusing to the fae. She had spent the majority of the remaining day there and when night was due to fall she decided to walk home but Sam wasn't having it. He drove her all the way home and they discussed many things, even coming to the fae sharing some tips for how to get business even more profitable.

Sam took all her ideas on board.

It was still dawn by the time they reached her home and she invited Sam in for a moment to investigate the beautiful house that he hadn't yet visited. He marvelled at the decor and most certainly loved the vibrant spread of plants around every corner. He made himself comfortable and Nesryn's husband sleeping just across the hall was completely erased from her mind, until the sun had set and Sam was still in the house.

Eric stalked out from his room and carefully made his way across the hall to see an unknown man sitting with Nesryn. He smelt different, like an animal but he was no wolf. Eric had no reason to be hostile as he was familiar with Nesryn but when his hand glazed over her bare shoulder he couldn't help but let out a low growl. He clicked out his fangs and launched himself at Sam, tackling him to the floor.

"Eric!" She screamed as Eric lifted Sam by his neck to hang above the ground. "That's Sam he's a friend."
"He has intentions beyond that-..."
"Please, he's my friend." Eric slowly turned to face her upon hearing her faltering voice and he gently lowered the shifter to the ground who fell to the floor and choked.
"Sam I'm so sorry." She fell to her knees and tried to help him up he he pushed her by accident and Eric went to attack him once again but Nesryn stopped him. She looked into his eyes and pleaded with her caresses for him to calm down and it was all just a misunderstanding.

"How can yo-... you be-... with him?!" Sam finished with a yell and Eric pushed the fairy behind him in case he tried anything. "All the things he's said and done to hurt you and everyone else... and you still love him." He paused for a moment. "I'll never understand." He said before stumbling out, Nesryn attempting to catch up but deciding to allow him to leave.

"What did I do to you?" Eric asks innocently and Nesryn shakes her head in denial of Sam's statement.
"Nothing, come on let's-..."
"What did I do to you?" He asks more firmly, the motive of wanting his personal information became more than clear to me.
"Being with someone for 250 years has the lowest and the highest of moments, we've had a lot of both. If you think about the fact we had to be hiding in plain sight for most of it.

Problems quickly arose."

1876: Athens, Greece.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She muttered with a broken voice, looking at the zombie-like butler she had come to care for that Eric held between his fangs as he drank from him like a personal cocktail. He had been glamoured so heavily by Eric to forget everything about her but it seemed as if it took a lot of doing so to fully erase all memory.

Eric had seen their bond grow and he was almost certain he was in love with her, but when he saw him holding her against a wall with their lips attached. Nesryn was shocked and was obviously not as enthusiastic and when she attempted to push him away, he didn't seem to do so.

Hence why they were in this position.

"He is my friend, please release him!" She screamed but Eric drained him til the last drop of blood was swallowed. His body fell to the floor, limp and lifeless. Soon after another body fell to the floor, living and breathing and broken hearted.

"I HATE YOU!"