Chapter 15 - Too much .

Maria's P.O.V.

 As I ran ahead , The guy that was leading me in the first place didn't bother following me . So I knew that I was running in the right direction . The screams kept getting louder , pleads , names were being called out and I ran like my life depended on it . 

I felt as if I had to see what was happening . Maybe I was meant to follow him . And After awhile I finally got there .

My mouth fell open as an old couple came running out of the church that now stood in-front of me . I started slowly backing away .. No . I stood my ground and I became determined to enter . I balled my hands into fists and approached the slightly open doors .

I started hearing sobs as I did . I opened the door , trying to not make any noise but failed miserably as the door creaked .

My eyes widened at the scene in-front of me . On the floor ahead of me laid Jeff's knife , and as my eyes followed the trail of blood on the ground , Jeff came into sight . On his knees , Jeff was trembling as he looked up at the cross on the table in-front of him .

He became deadly silent when he heard the door as I entered , His hands came to rest by his sides  . "Jeff ?" I said softly as I approached him .  His fingers twitched when I spoke But I got no response.

I got closer to him , "Jeffrey ?" I asked again . Jeff took a deep breath , He stood up . He stared at his palms , eyebrows furrowed slightly .

"Mother?" He whispered , His voice echoed as he looked deeply .That shattered my heart into pieces . I stood in-front of him , taking his hands in mine.

"Oh Jeffrey .. I wish it was her .. " . Jeff didn't do anything , he kept staring . I brought my hand up and removed the hair in-front of his face , His hand quickly took a hold of my wrist . The strands came falling down again hiding his face .

" disgusting ," He said , I shook my head and tried to move my hand as he held my wrist and I could . I ran my hand through his hair , his face completely exposed .

"Beautiful ." I whispered back . My breath caught in my breath when his eyes snapped up to meet mine . Jeff's breathing quickened , He quickly let go of my wrist and took his other hand out of mine , he backed away . He looked around then looked back at me . 

He ran his hands through his hair and growled as he picked up his knife , Before turning around and simply walking away .

I ran after him and was walked beside him now . He didn't spare me a glance . "Jeff .." I said , He didn't say anything . I kept repeating his name but I still got no response .

I stood in-front of  him and pushed at his chest , He hissed at me and moved away ,  I raised a brow . "JEFF !" I screamed . I squeaked when a hand raised me by my collar holding me to a tree .

" What the hell do you want now doll ?" He forced out , I took a hold of the hand gripping me trying to steady myself .

"I want to help you !" I said , He scoffed and suddenly let go , letting me fall to the ground . "You ? Help me ? You can't even help yourself ." he said crossing his arms as he looked at me with amusement . 

I stood up removing the leaves on my clothes . " Just let me try ! " I said approaching him . He shook his head looking around . 

"I don't need your help , I'm perfectly fine . Hell , I'm great ! never been better ." He said , he smiled widely , And wow he looks creepy when he does that .

"what I saw back there ... It didn't seem like you were perfectly fine." I said . He sighed , putting his hand in his pocket .

"You talk too much .." Jeff mumbled , I walked ahead of him shaking my head , "well-" I was about to continue when a hand suddenly wrapped itself around my neck , I felt a painful sting at the back of my head before I blacked out .