Chapter 26- When Her Grip Loosened

Maria's P.O.V

As I ran , more of the red liquid dripped down my wrist , people from all around stared at me in shock , considering it wasn't really dark yet .The crowded streets made it harder for me to get there .

Knowing a short cut , I made my way to the right , walking in-between buildings . Going left and right constantly , It seemed like it was never-ending !

Another right , another left .. Nothing . I turned back to face a wall .

"What the .. " I felt a presence behind me , my body shook as I turned around . I stared at the waist of a person . Wearing a tuxedo , bony fingers laid loosely at his sides . I backed away , Looking up at the faceless man that stood in-front of me .

His skin white as snow , tentacles floated around him , coming from his back . The extremely tall creature wasn't staring at me , It looked at nothing . I looked up at it with wide eyes .

When it's head came down , I heard this loud static which made me cover my ears in agony . My vision became blurred as I fell to my knees crying out .

Seeing nothing but darkness , I laid on the ground , unable to do anything for hours .

After what seemed like forever , The static finally stopped and I could feel my eyelids again . The first thing I heard was rain . I shivered as I slowly opened my eyes .

I found myself staring at my hand as I laid on the ground . My wrist wasn't bleeding anymore , It was water that made it's way down my skin .

I stood up and looked around , It was night- time . Finding myself in the graveyard I visited my mom in , I realized the figure I saw that day .. It was him !

My neck stung making me remember what I had to do , My eyes widened as I noticed that I had wasted too much time .

I ran out of the graveyard , heading home . No , heading home to save the person that makes it a home in the first place .

I got there to see the door closed . seeing I didn't have my bag with me , I rang the bell . After a couple of minutes Maya opened the door with pleading eyes . Not quiet understanding , I took a step forward .

"Oh thank god .." I mumbled , right when I was about to take her in for a hug , Jeff came from behind her , putting his knife to her neck .

"We've been expecting you ." Jeff before smiling and throwing Maya into the living room as she burst into tears . He took me by the wrist dragging me in before closing the door .

Taking me into the living room too , I looked at Maya to see her hugging the body of a boy whose by the way half naked . I put a hand to my mouth , knowing that's the guy she was telling me about .

I felt Jeff searching the back pockets of my pants before taking the phone I have and throwing it against the wall .

I stood with eyes wide as Jeff took Maya by her hair , He grinned as he dragged her towards a table with two chairs .

"Oh come one ! It's no fun like this . Aren't you going to plead for me to spare your bestfriend's life?" Jeff tilted his head at me .

"Please don't kill her .." I whispered pathetically .

He smiled , " Well you're both going to die But not before we play a little game." He said before pointing to the empty chair .

I walked towards it , before sitting down .

Maya and I stared at each other with bloodshot eyes , Her messy tangled hair covering the right side of her face as tears descended down her cheeks .