Chapter 27- This is it .

[A.N] I think you should start the song after the lines I put , You'll know when you get there ! I found the perfect song o:

Maria's P.O.V

Memories either make us or break us , that's how the saying goes .

My memories made me . I remember everything when it comes to family problems in which we faced together , dinners , outings . I remember the special moments I had with many of my family members .

See , I had a pretty normal life if you took away the Jeff part and oh how I wished that I could just go back in time before we moved into that damned neighborhood , that I could maybe have one more moment with my family . I wished I could have thought more clearly and that I hadn't been so reckless and stupid .

But I guess we always end up where we're supposed to , and I guess this is where I was meant to end up . I tried so damn hard to tell myself it would all be okay as if we lived in a fairy tale and I tried so damn hard to make myself love Jeffrey .

But here's the truth , It isn't love in which I feel for him , it's pity .

It's pity because the world had been so unfair to him , because his memories broke him like it did no other . It's pity because he had to witness and cause so much pain to the people that were there for him when no one else was , and who cared for him regardless of what he looked like .

It was bound to happen , I knew that the moment I saw Jeff , He knew it too .

His life would be in my hands eventually and I would have to crush it as he did to the hopes and dreams of all his victims , as he did to mine .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cried as I was pulled from Maya , still trying to reach her . Jeff came into view , he crouched down in-front of me , twirling his knife as if nothing had even happened , as if he hadn't just taken the life of my best-friend .

We heard sirens , Jeff sighed running his hand through his hair before looking at me again .

"I guess we have to take this elsewhere." He mumbled , moving a strand of my wet hair behind my ear because he was just sweet like that .

Jeff raised the handle of his knife , And I shut my eyes tightly . I felt this sharp pain at my forehead before blacking out .

I opened my eyes , blinking to adjust my sight . Jeff stood , leaning at the door frame . I was sat down on a chair and made no effort to move .

Jeff approached me , standing in-front of me .

"Where are we ?"

"I'm surprised you don't even remember your own house." He stated .

I stared blankly at the place , my eyes widening as I noticed it was the house I lived in six years ago . The house in which the accident happened .

"Why did you bring me here ?" I asked , furrowing my eyebrows . He shrugged , walking around me.

" You don't have to do this ."

Jeff raised a brow at me , now standing in-front of me again . " I know , but I want to ." I was left speechless .

He moved across the room to reach a door before opening it . he grabbed something , dragging it into the room .

When I saw what it was - or rather who it was , my heart stopped and I found myself standing up abruptly in panic and fear .

"Billy !"

"Don't you fucking touch him !"

"Wow , I see you're suddenly courageous ." Jeff made both his sarcastic comment and point . My dear brother looked horrified as Jeff placed his knife at his neck , his calls for me being muffled by the cloth that was placed in between his gums .