Chapter 18 - Painful Reminder

Maria's P.O.V

 Jeff still had his face covered with the sheets as I brought down the knife , plunging it into his chest , His heart .

His breathing stopped . I then saw a red liquid drench his hoodie , blood . There was so much of it  And I could make out another liquid that was closer to my face , transparent .

More drops of the transparent liquid fell onto Jeff's hoodie . That's when I realized I was crying . Sobs escaped my mouth and I leaned down , pushing my face into Jeff's neck embracing him .

I tightened my hands around him , squeezing his body closer to mine .

"I'm sorry..-" I cried , exposing his face , he stared at nothing . " I'm sorry I gave up on you." I whispered . Taking his head in my arms as I straddled him .

"At least no one will lose their loved ones like I lost mine.." I said , eyebrows furrowed , I ran my hands through his hair and laid my head beside the knife , closing my eyes .

I felt his chest rumble under me . He was chuckling . He was alive ? My eyes flew open when Jeff harshly flipped us so he'd be on top .

I watched Jeff with wide eyes as he slowly removed the knife , blood spilling all over me as he did .He threw the knife away pulling me into him , making me blush ,realizing the position we were in .

I felt his chest rumble again and I refused to meet his eyes . Jeff rested his forehead on mine , I looked away . I saw him smile from the corner of my eyes .

" You tried to kill me ..-" He said , amusement laced in his tone . I didn't answer , just kept looking away . "why aren't you hurting m-".

"Shhhhh" Jeff said shushing me , he moved his forehead from mine , Planting a kiss on my neck , on the mark . My breathing became ragged and right when he did , I felt like body ache for his touch .

My hand came up , and rested itself in his hair , pushing him towards me . I felt his lips against my neck again and smiled . Even though I was screaming at myself to stop , I couldn't deny that my body lusted his touch . It was the mark .. It was doing something to me!

" and then .. You cried." he mumbled against my neck . I bit my lip and looked at him . He stared up at me . Right when he was about to move , I pushed him back . "Don't ," I whimpered .

"Look .. Whatever you think we have .. I just wanted to make things clear . We have nothing . I feel nothing towards you . Whatever you think you can change , can't be changed . I'm a killer . A monster . Watch -" he mumbled against my neck .

He raised his head up , and moved towards my lips . And before I knew it , they were on mine . Our lips moved in sink and I felt as if the world stopped . As if there was nothing important but us . .

Jeff forcefully slipped his tongue into my mouth and I moaned out . Just when I was about to get into it . Jeff pulled away breathing heavily , as I did too .

"I felt nothing ." He spat , moving away from me . A tear made it's way down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away as Jeff picked up his knife.

" Jeff .. Why haven't you killed me ?" I asked quietly , Jeff put the knife in his pocket and sat on the knife looking at me intensely .

" You're a reminder ." He said , his voice raw of any emotion . I tilted my head , " A reminder ?" I asked .

"You're the only thing that's left , the only memory , The only person . The only reminder ." He explained . So I reminded him of his past ..

 "Jeff .. Do you miss your mom ? Liu and your dad ?" I asked , waiting for an answer but I never got one . Jeff went for the door , I ran towards him , taking his wrist in a firm grip , Making him come to a stop.

"Don't just run away from me ! Run away from this ! I know you feel something Jeff , I know you have the same feelings towards me ." I whispered the last part .

"Do you not understand ? It's not that I don't want to feel anything , I can't !-" He growled as he dragged me out of the house , He took me into the woods . when he let go of me , I followed him like a lost puppy .

"The only thing I feel is the need to kill ! The need to hurt someone , To draw blood !" He hissed , still walking at a quick pace .

" But Can't you fight it Jeff ? Isn't there a cure of some kind ?" I asked , not believing him . I ran after him .

I cried out when Jeff took me by the shoulder and shoved me back harshly , pinning me to a tree and in a second , he had his knife to my neck . Jeff looked at me with so much hatred .

" THERE IS NO CURE ! I could have fought it that night ! But I didn't , I let it happen . I killed My parents , I killed .. Liu -" He said , shaking . His voice trembled as he continued . 

"I was just so sick of everyone controlling me , My brother being the hero ... Everyone was so .. Perfect . -" He said furrowing his eyebrows . " I was just me and after everything that happened . I thought that if I gave in , It would be my escape .. I'd be free but it turned me into a monster ." He said , Jeff moved away .

He crouched down and stabbed his knife into the dirt , His black long hair covering his face . "Jeff -" I started . "Shut the hell up ! You wanted an explanation , You wanted to know the truth .So let me tell you . Let me tell you the truth." He growled .

He took his knife and started walking again , I followed behind him again . We reached the streets . "I didn't fight that night , When I killed my family and I  sure as hell won't fight it now , It's too late anyways . I feel joy in hurting people and honestly I love it . I love what I'am , and what I'am is a killer ."

" Giving in .. It gave me what I wanted , It gave me freedom and it made me eternal , I don't age and I don't die . It made me this, It made me perfect ." I caught up with Jeff walking beside him now .

"I should of killed you that night ." He mumbled . I looked at him and bit my tongue , trying not to say anything I would regret .

"-But I can't now . I need you to forget you ever met me deary and I'll forget you were there that night and when I do , I'll be back to the way I was before . When I forget you , It'll all be perfect again ." He said as we stopped in-front of a house . 

"So go ," He said , pointing at the house in-front of me . 

"Where are we ?" I asked biting my lip as I stood in-front of him . Jeff looked down at me , "Your friend's house , the one I saw the night of the hospital ." He mumbled . Brian ..

I took Jeff's hand in mine , squeezing it . " Jeff , we can still try , I can hel-" Jeff pushed his hand out of mine harshly . 

"No . It's no use , You can't change me . And even if you can , I don't want you to change me . I like this . I like being me . I'm beautiful , perfect and I won't let you take that away from me . You mean nothing to me ." He said , suddenly sounding different , He smiled . 

Tears descended down my cheeks , as I looked at him .

"Billy .. " I whispered furrowing my eyebrows . Jeff's smile widened , "Dead , Just like the rest of your family ." 

Jeff turned around ready to leave , "No Jeff ! " I begged . 

"Anybody out there ?" A familiar voice asked . I looked to my right towards The door  , it opened . 

I looked back , "No .." I whispered .

Jeff was nowhere in sight .