Chapter 22 - The Misery

Maria's P.O.V

 The guy in the white robe muttered some curse words under his breath before kicking the table Jeff leaned on , It flew onto the bed . Jeff didn't do anything , He just sat up straight . 

"Damn it , Say something !" The guy yelled before looking at me . He fixed himself up before coughing and walking out of the room like nothing happened . 

Creepy movie scientist guy looked at me before muttering a good luck and closing the door . I looked back at Jeff , taking a deep breath I walked slowly towards him . 

I took the table off of the bed and put it back in-front of Jeff . Taking a seat on the chair in-front of him , Strands of his black hair covered his face and I couldn't quiet see anything . We sat there for a while in silence before I decided to speak up .

"Jeff ?" I asked softly , I didn't get a response . I stood up , walking to his side , I crouched down and touched his forearm . 

"Jeffrey ? " I asked again . He slowly raised his head to look at me . A gasp escaped , I put a hand to my mouth as I looked at his face .

The smile he had carved from ear to ear was stitched up , It looked painful but Jeff didn't seem to mind or feel anything . Bloodshot eye stared back at me . Something flickered in them and Jeff started shaking, He got up and started backing away , The chair falling as he did .

He put his hands to his ears , looking at me with panic . " Make them Stop.. " Jeff cried .

I shook my head , got up and started approaching him but I stopped when he screamed . 

" No ! P-please don't hurt me . I didn't mean to okay !-"  Jeff took me by my wrists , A lump formed in my throat and I just looked at him . 

" Do you hear it ?" Jeff whispered , looking at me intensely . I looked at him in confusion . He let go of me and started pulling at his hair . 

"The screaming , do you hear the screaming ?" His voice shook as he asked . 

"No."

Jeff looked disappointed . He went back and sat on his bed . He kept on mumbling some stuff under his breath .

I took Jeff's hand in mine , sitting beside him . "Heyy .." I said , I put my other hand to his back , trying to calm him . Tears welled in my eyes as I looked at what they'd done to him , what he'd done to himself . They were supposed to cure him , make him better . 

"T-they call me things." Jeff said staring at the wall in-front of us . 

"What do th-" Jeff knew what I was going to ask , He looked back at me coldly . 

"Monster." He spat , his hand tightened around mine . I flinched not being able to remove my hand out of his grip . Jeff just stared at me . 

" I told them I was sorry but..-" His grip tightened as he continued .

"They just call me that over and over again..-" He said through gritted teeth , I bit my tongue as his grip tightened even more . I stood up trying to get my hand loose , he squeezed so hard that I fell to my knees crying out .

"And then , They scream , and scream -" a crack echoed through the room , I screamed . His grip tightening even more .

"And scream." The sound of breaking bones echoing through the room again  , I screamed louder , shouting for help .

" AND SCREAM-" A lot of men barged into the room , They all tried to pry Jeff's hand off of mine . 

" And then it starts all over again." Jeff said calmly before letting go of my hand , His forehead against mine.

"Help." He whispered , before harshly being pulled away from me . The men took out night sticks and started beating him .

I held my arm but I didn't really care about it anymore . I shouted at the men to stop , when the guy who led me here dragged me out of the room , closing the door . 

" What do you think you're doing ?" He hissed , holding me by my forearm . I pushed his arm off with my good hand , glaring at him .

"They're hurting him !" I went to open the door again but he stopped me . 

" No , He hurt you ! Let me see that-" He went to grab my injured arm but I quickly moved it away .

" What have you done to him ?" I whispered . The man sighed before calling out the men , My heart stopped when I saw that one of the night sticks had blood on it .

" Come with me .-" He held his hand out , I took it and he led me into a room where we could clearly see Jeff . They were watching us ? 

"You planned this didn't you ! I kne-" The man shushed me , we both stared at Jeff , He sat in the corner of the room hugging his knees , his lips moved constantly as he rocked back and forth . 

"Do you really think that a th- ... person like him is capable of loving someone ? Caring ?" He asked quietly . I looked at Jeff . When he moved his head up , It was like he was looking right at me . 

He stood up and walked towards me , standing right in-front of me . He put his forehead against  whatever was in-between us . 

"I don't know ." I whispered truthfully . I put my hand against Jeff's .

"I don't think so ,I don't think there's a cure .. I don't even think this is going to work out . I know that we promised you that we'd make him better-"

Jeff started hitting his head against the wall . "No! " He kept doing it until his forehead was bruised , the white skin making this black-looking mark .

" We think we should put him out of his misery ." I looked at the guy with wide eyes . shaking my head furiously . Jeff pounded on the wall before falling on the bed and staring up at the ceiling.

"No .. You can't ! You have to keep trying ! It's only been-" 

" Only been what ? A year ? A year isn't a short period of time miss . In-fact the first month , eight of our men died trying to tame that thing you call a person ! Two lost pieces of their necks , five were stabbed with pens , almost to death !" The guy said infuriated  . I was speechless .

"And if you were to 'put him out of his misery' How would you do it ? You do know he heals quickly ." I said , crossing my arms .

" A swift be-heading would do it , fast and painless." He said calming himself down . 

"If I don't agree ?" 

"Who said we need your approval ? We just thought you should know ." My mouth fell open , Jeff was going to be killed anyways ? 

"How much time do I have before you chop his head off ?" I asked harshly , the man looked taken back . It sounded so cruel the way I said it .

" You do know that this was a one time thing . I will let you see him once again though . It's going to be done in a week." A week ? and all I can see him is once until then ? 

I nodded my head before taking one long look at Jeff and heading out .

This isn't over . Jeff isn't going to die like this. 

~~~~~*~~~~~

D'aaawwww XD I teared up writing what happened between her and Jeff :I I think we both know what she's gonna do ! And even if you don't have a clue , that's even better . Oh my , Youuu havvvee to waiiit forrr  the uppppdateeeee , ma poor readers ! 

Please if you find any spelling mistakes tell me though I read it many times and I don't really think there are any :O and just a lil thing I have to say , From how I see it , The book is probably going to be like thirty chapters , Idk but You're going to be in for a handful of surprises in the last chapters which are not too far away ! 

Thanks you for reading ! Don't forget to Like ! Tell me what you think  , comment , inbox me for a lil hint maybe *Wink* xD

Love ya ! 

~EphemeralSanity