Chapter 4: Mew

2 weeks after.

Flying a plane is exhilarating, that control that's given to you is quite addictive. The only downside of having to fly again is leaving my family. Nowadays, everytime I go home, my father always nags me to retire. He said for him to retire, I need to do it too. Our agreement is four years. By that time, I will have no choice but to take over the casino's management.

Ring. Ring.

I looked at my phone. Speaking of... why is he calling me.

"Dad?"

"Son, where are you? Are you still here?" He asked.

"Yes, why is there a problem? I take off in two hours." I said, wondering what this is all about. I am at the pilot's lounge just waiting for my flight.

"I thought you took care of McQueen's son?" He said.

"Huh?" I said curious now.

"The police just called me Mew. They said a young man they caught won't speak unless I talk to him, when they showed me a picture, it's Gulf Mcqueen. I am going to the station now." He said.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. "No dad. I'll go to the station." Shit! I might just wring McQueen's neck. "I think he meant me not you."

"I figured that, that's why I called. Are you sure you can handle him this time?" He asked skeptical.

"Of course dad. It's just a minor hiccup. I'll talk to him, let me just hung-up now. I need to talk to my co-captain." I said, my blood already starting to boil from anger. I ended the call and looked at Billy.

He is looking at me too, "I know that I am suppose to fly the plane today Mew but this is my first time and I am counting on you to accompany me." He heard the conversation with my dad.

Time to call a friend. I called my senior captain and sometimes friend.

Ring. Ring.

"Mew, nice surprise!" Jack said.

"Hey Cap, where are you right now?" I said. I saw the plane schedule this afternoon, I know he just landed here two hours ago.

"In your casino Mew, losing." He said laughing.

"Hmmm, how about you ditch that and fly a plane for me. Remember you owe me one." Jack is a gambler, a bad one. He got into a scuffle before at our casino and I fixed it.

The line was silent for a while, "How about you pay for my losses too?"

Fucking asshole. "How much are you losing?" Gulf McQueen is going to owe me big time.

"Just 40 grand."

"Deal, be here now. You're with Captain William Shaw." I said and ended the call.

Billy's jaw is dropped, "How can you ditch me just like that Mew?"

"Sorry Billy, it's an emergency. Jack might be an asshole when he's not flying but you know how badass he is in the cockpit." I really need to go before my father decides to be curious and goes to the station himself. My father loves to meddle.

"You owe me Mew." Billy looks like he won't forget this for a long time.

"I've used that word too many times today Billy, but okay, line it up in my list." I said and hurried off the airport.

------------------------------

I arrived at the Las Vegas Police Department in 30 minutes. My family having to run the most secure casino in the strip has close ties with the police. We help them sometimes and hide some people from them when necessary too.

I approached a familiar face inside the station and nodded. Inspector Xian Gregor stood up and approached me and extended his hand, "I didn't expect the other Bennett to come here Captain. It's been a while."

I shook his hand, "I figured I'd do it to lessen the old man's stress." I said looking around, "So ummm, where is he?"

He led me to a small holding area where one man is sitting by the corner. The man has violet strips of hair. His back is facing us. He turned to us. I was taken aback. This doesn't look like the handsome guy I met two weeks ago. His full upper lip has a deep cut smeared with dry blood. His left temple black and blue with a cut as well, all the way to his hair line. His hands are wrapped in white cloth with visible red marks.

Then he fucking smiled, "Long time no see Cap." He stuck his tongue out . Oh my fucking g-----! He has a tongue piercing. The stud rolling out as it traced the cut on his upper lip.

I looked at the inspector, distracting myself from possibly making the damage bigger as I might say something inappropriate right now. "Inspector, yes I know him. Can we talk at your office?"

In the office, I didn't beat around the bush anymore. "So inspector tell me, what did he do and how can we fix this?"

"He was in a brawl. I would have let him go two days ago if he just told me his name, but he's tight lipped and only wants to talk to Mr Bennett." He said.

"I see," I paused trying to find a way to get him out without revealing his name. "He is a client in the casino and you know our first priority is making sure their identities are a secret. They pay dearly for that. Is there a way for me to get him out of here without revealing who he is? I can be accountable for his well being after this, I can assure you that."

The inspector looked at me suspiciously, "He looks very young Captain."

I laughed out loud, "I know. It's not him who pays us, it's his father, so you see I am in a tight position here."

The inspector looked at me contemplatingly. After a while, "Okay, but you better make sure, you take him off the streets."

"Of course inspector, I'll ship him to his father right away." I said honestly thinking about doing that.

-----------------------------------

"Where are we going?" Gulf said not enduring the silence anymore. I am driving us back to the casino.

"The Casino's clinic, you need to get yourself checked." I said, trying to hold back the anger bubbling inside of me.

"I'm not going back there, just drop me off wherever." He said.

I didn't even say anything back.

Then suddenly, he maneuvered the steering wheel to the side of the road causing the car to almost bump into another car in front.

"Jesus Christ McQueen!" I said after braking the car at the side of the road. I turned to him only to see him getting out of the car.

I went out of the car and chased him. He slowed down and held the side of his stomach. As I caught him, I gripped his arm and dragged him back to the car.

"Let me go Captain," he said still holding his stomach, "Ouch."

I stopped walking and turned to him. He is bent down clutching his side. I pulled his tee and see black and blues on his skin. "What the fuck have you been doing McQueen?"

"None of your business." He said trying to escape from my grip.

"Can you please stop being stubborn!? Just get yourself checked, I'll let you go after." I dragged him back to the car.