Chapter 39: Mew

I am at the very west side of  McCarran International Airport. There is a part in this airport dedicated to private companies. SEA Services is one of them. I've had this company when I was kicked out of InterCon Airlines. The second year when I visited Gulf in Harvard, I already used one of my four medium sized DC8-73F planes.  I come here from time to time to check on them.

"Do you want to go to the office Mew? Or are you here just to inspect the planes?" Billy is asking me.

Billy resigned when I was kicked out and I hired him to manage the business. We do freelance airfreight. Mostly, we fly cargoes across states or sometimes people if they want private travels.

"I'll just stay here Billy, I just want to tinker the planes," It's my hobby to check the engines and other parts of the plane to make sure they are safe to fly. This is of course even if there are certified inspectors checking them.

"How have you been anyway? I haven't seen you in a while. How's the casino? How's your shoulder?" Billy asked. Billy was the one who flew me out of Montana when the accident happened.

"Not straining as much Billy. In no time I can fly again," I smiled at him, assuring him that I am fine.

"That's not what I heard from Becca, Mew," Billy said.

"Not you too Billy. Don't treat me like a patient please," I said. It sometimes is tiring when people see me as an invalid person.

" I also want you to fly again Mew, but you still need to pass the psych eval," Billy said.

"You worry too much Billy," I said.

I checked my phone as it vibrated and excused myself. Black is calling.

"Hello Black?" I said.

"Sir I need to report something very important to you," This sounds urgent.

"I'm listening Black."

"I need additional back-up for LG's brother and stepmom," Black said.

"Have you talked to George about this?" I asked. George knows what to do.

"I did Sir, but I still wanted to talk to you. Gulf is planning something big this press conference. He bought his brother and stepmom a house they can hide into soon, that's why I needed back-ups." Black said.

I tightened my hold on the phone. I remember Gulf mentioning about his plans but I cut him off, "Do you have any idea what he's planning?"

"Not the whole plan Sir. I just know it's something big because he has been meeting politicians on both parties."

Gulf is playing a dangerous game. "When is his press conference?" I need to protect Gulf.

"Within the week I guess, the schedule hasn't been announced yet."

"Where are your 2 back-ups now?" I asked.

"One is on a lookout from afar Sir, the other posting as a janitor in the state building. His father is out of town right now attending a Summit so Gulf is able to move."

"I will call George, I'll tell him to add men close to you. Can you please dig deeper on his plans? And I will contact you again" I said, my mind already spinning.

"Sir?"

"Anything else Black?"

"Two more things Sir. He is planning to move to Las Vegas real soon. I don't have a date but I believe his schedule is busy because of his plans of going there soon," Black said.