Chapter 36: Gulf

I went out his suite feeling defeated. My life just lost it's meaning. I lost my purpose. How do I even rebuild my life which circled around making plans for him?

Ding.

I went inside the elevator lost in thought. Oh God. I should have checked on him sooner. I should have tried to contact him sooner. I should have at least told him my plans, we could have done it together.  I was so sure of his feelings for me, I forgot to assure him of mine.

Ding.

I went out of the elevator still feeling lost.

"Gulf?"

I looked at George, then I looked at my surroundings. "What floor am I at George?"

"Someone wants to talk to you first before you go." He said then he led the way. I followed him. I looked around. This is the clinic's floor. Does Nicole want to talk to me?

George stopped in front of the clinic, "You can go inside Gulf."

George's expression looks like he shouldn't be doing this. This is weird. I opened the door.

In the doctor's table, "Becca?"

Becca stood up, approached me and extended her hand, "It's Doctor Becca now Gulf. I'm glad you came." Then she directed me to sit.

I sat. "What's this about?"

"How's Mew?" She asked.

"Ask him," I said, still not over how things have ended.

"Gulf," I looked at the doctor, "I am Doctor Rebecca Sans, Doctor of Psychiatry. I am here to take care of Mew."

"You're a psychiatrist? For Mew?" When I feel like this day can't get any worse, I am just proven wrong.

"If Mew finds out I talked to you, he'll probably sue me for breaking doctor-patient confidentiality, that is if he doesn't kill me first. Literally," she said.

"What's wrong with Mew?" I asked, my chest feels like it's being hammered because of how strong my heart is beating.

"He developed a PTSD after the accident. He is trying to cope, but you showing up again put him back to square one," the doctor said.

"My presence is not good for Mew? Is that what you're saying doc?" I asked.

"Yes and no. Yes, your presence is bad for him because you keep on disappearing and no, your presence is not bad for him and can actually treat him only if you plan to stay by his side," Doctor Becca said.

I looked at the doctor a lot of questions running in my mind, "Can you describe his condition to me?"

"No I won't Gulf, not unlesss you decide to stay," the doctor didn't even hesitate. The doctor doesn't trust me.

"Mew is my life. I'm not going anywhere," I told her firmly.

The doctor looked at me, sizing me up, probably checking if I'll back down, "It won't be easy Gulf."

"I've had worse doctor," I took care of my mother when she was sick, through chemo, until she died, I can do this.

"Okay Gulf, glad to know that," Doctor Becca lifted the phone, "George?" she said on the phone.

She nodded on the phone, "Yes, he is staying. Make sure Mew doesn't find out." Then she put the phone down.

The doctor turned back to me, "Mew does not want to be touched. In science, we call it haphephobia. Mew has a light condition of this. The thing with his condition is, he already accepted it. He may want to treat it but because he knows he doesn't need to be touched anyway, he sort of just let's it be."

My confusion has reached a new level of heights, "Doc, I don't understand a thing."

Doctor Becca sighed, "Mew doesn't care if he gets treated or not because he doesn't see himself touching anyone nor does he want to be touched by anyone anyway."

That silenced me.

"He doesn't see you coming back Gulf. I have a hunch this is the reason he accepted his state now." The doctor said.

"Was the PTSD because of the fire?" I asked dumbly.

"Yes Gulf, but I think his tendencies to reject touches started even before that. It just became more evident after the accident. His wound at his back took a year to be treated because no doctor can touch him. The first three months when he was unconcious, he would have nightmares of people touching him."

Oh my God, I feel like crying again.   "What do I need to do doctor?"

"I'll give you materials to read. For now, I'd like you to be familiar with his PTSD. I know that you plan to run for governor. I honestly don't know how you will manage to do that and take care of Mew. I'm only taking this risk because in this kind of conditions, the one who normally can cure it for good are those that inflicted them in the first place. So read the materials first. Then let me know when you're ready. Anyway, he has people helping him right now. We can continue with the usual first until------"

I cut the doctor off, "Who's helping him?"

"There are three people he brought to me so I can screen them first. One made progress a few months ago, maybe because he's the physical therapist but at least that's better than nothing." Doctor Becca said.

"Physical therapist?" I asked.

"Yes, Summer, his physical therapist."

-------------------

Author's Note:

Goodnight my loves.