Chapter 16: Mew

"Captain I am so sorry I can't wake him up. I think he drunk too much." Julie, the head stewardess and Belle's friend said while we're all looking at a sleeping Gulf.

I looked at Julie, "It's okay Julie, I'll take care of him. You can all go."

"Thank you Captain," she and the rest of the crew off boarded the plane leaving me, Gulf and Billy.

"Are you sure about this Mew?" Billy is asking.

"Just give me your uniform," I said.

He handed me his uniform. Billy changed to civilian clothes because I asked him to change so I can borrow his uniform, and his pilot pass. "I am nervous Mew."

"Don't be, there's no check out here. No one's gonna check your identification Billy." I said, hiding my panic. "Just make sure to stick to the plan and make sure the Governor's men don't think that Gulf escaped."

"Right. We will meet again in an hour so I can get my pass back." Billy looks winded and nervous.

Then suddenly Gulf stirred. He opened his eyes slowly. Upon seeing me though, he jerked upwards, then he looked at the window, "What happened? Are we still in Nevada?"

"Take off your jacket first Gulf." I said trying to take off the denim jacket from him.

"Huh?" He looks so confused.

"I'll explain later, just take it off first." I said. We are running out of time.

He took it off. I gave it to Billy. "We get out of the airport first Billy. I'll call you when it's safe for you to get out."

"Okay Mew. You owe me one year of your salary. Remember that." Billy said again for the millionth time.

"Yeah, you can use my condo anytime too, just go." I told him in a hurry.

Then I turned to Gulf, "Wear this." I handed him the pilot's uniform.

Gulf still puzzled just stood and went to the lavatory to change.

While waiting, I feel my anxiety creeping. What is taking him so long?

"Gulf, what's taking you so long? We need to be out of here fast. Like now----" I stopped talking when he came out, my jaw dropped.

He looks like a live Ken, and he has his glasses on.

"How do I look Mew? The uniform looks good on me right?" He tried to pose.

"I-----" I don't know what to say. He smiled so wide. "I'm so happy you're here Mew."

Something in my chest leaped. What the fuck is this?

"We need to go. Come on." I walked ahead of him so he can't see the expression on my face.

We off boarded with my trolley and Billy's trolley. My heart is beating so fast. Not in a million years have I imagined doing this. Reason has left me. It has left me since I met Gulf. I looked at him.

Unlike me who looks like I'll vomit anytime. Gulf looks happy. Oh God, what am I doing in my life?

Then he turned to me. "I am so excited Mew. This is going to be an adventure. Let's seize the day."

Okay, I can do this. I smiled at Gulf, "Yes. Let's."

We exited to the crew's exit. He used Billy's pass and got out. He looks so confident, not even bothered that he's a fake pilot.

We were out in no time. I rented a car for us and it's waiting at the airport's entrance. This is so easy. How is this so easy?

We settled in the car. After ten minutes, we were driving out the freeway.

I rang Billy.

"Hello Mew? You almost gave me a heart attack. Where are you?" Billy said frantically over the phone.

"We're out, you can stop pretending and take off the jacket Billy. It should be safe. I'll meet you in an hour. Be careful." I ended the call and looked at Gulf.

He is looking at me like I am Ironman. "I am so touched Mew."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't be overdramatic Gulf."

"You know I'll follow you through the ends of the world, right? We can go to hell for all I care." He said adamantly.

"Stop over reacting, we are not yet safe. We still need to see Billy to exchange your things. Then we need to go off the grid." I said, my plan running in my head making sure I don' miss anything.

"Off grid, that sounds like someone from CSI would say Mew." Gulf is teasing me.

"Stop teasing me and follow the plan. Oh and why can't I call you? I've been calling you before the flight and I can't reach you." I asked. Part of the plan was to only inform him a few minutes before the flight of what I intend to do. I almost died of worry when I can't reach him.

"I threw the phone Mew. I was so upset with you, I threw it." Gulf said feeling guilty.

Well I can't really blame him, can I? "It's okay Gulf. I just wondered. We're here now. After we meet Billy, we can already relax."

-----------------------

We met Billy in a gasoline station. We also changed our clothes there. I am slowly able to breath calmly. We are now driving out of Billings and going to a cabin southeast of Montana. It's going to be a four hour drive from here.

I looked at Gulf in the passenger seat. He is silent just looking at the scenery outside. "Why are you so silent Gulf?"

He looked at me, "I've never been to Montana Mew. This is the last place I pictured myself going."

"I've always loved the mountains Gulf, but the mountains in Montana are not safe for flying a plane so I don't really fly on top of this area." I said.

"Do you love flying Mew?" Gulf asked.

Do I love flying? "Let's just say I love control. I like driving a car, flying a plane, just leading my life in general." I turned to him and smiled.

He looked at me as if contemplating something ,then he asked, "What other type of control do you seek?"

"Huh?" I asked not getting his questions.

"I mean, how else would you like to show control?" He elaborated.

I still don't get him. "I don't know what you mean Gulf. But I guess, the more control I feel in a situation, the more dedicated and passionate I become in whatever aspect." I looked at him again. "Is that answer good enough for you?"

"Yes," he smiled.

----------------------

Author's Note:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is an American series that follows a team of crime-scene investigators, employed by the Las Vegas Police Department, as they use physical evidence to solve murders.