Chapter 5: Gulf

"If dad finds out you brought him back here, he's gonna be so furious Mew."

"That's why I said to keep this to yourself."

"Why? Don't you see all the CCTV camera in the casino? You think he doesn't know yet?"

"I already told the guard to take care of the cameras. Just shut up about this Nicole and tell me what's wrong with him."

"I think he got into a fight. Not just any fight. Like you know, MMA fighting or some shit. His bruises were hit more than once and the part where he got hit, only a professional fighter gets hit there multiple times and survive."

These last words are swimming in my intoxicated brain waking me up. I tried to open my eyes, I feel a headache coming. I tried to sit but my body feels like it has been run over by a truck. Then I hear the voices again.

"How long does he have to stay here before he heals Nicole?" Who is Nicole?

"Two weeks Mew, and that is if he behaves."  This Nicole said.

I need to stay here for two weeks? No way.

"Shit! I can't hide him here for two weeks." Mew echoing my thoughts.

 Fucking right, Captain!

"Exactly Mew, just let him go."  Nicole insisted.

I tried to sit again.

"No. He needs to heal."  Mew wants me to be confined here.

Then I hear someone walking closer. A curtain was moved on my right, Mew appearing by my bedside. As he saw me awake, he moved closer. "Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked softly.

"I want to get out of here," I said.

"Not so fast." He said stopping my attempt to sit. "What were you doing? Where did the bruises come from?" He asked.

"None of your business," I said trying not to move. Even the small movements causing me pain.

"Well, you already affected my work, so I am your business now." He said looking at my whole body and tried to reach out his hand.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I said defensively, prying his hand away.

"I want to check your bruises." He said curious.

"Nothing to check." I said.

"That's not what the X-ray said." He looked at me, "Look, we are now an inconvenience to each other, so let's just make the best of it. I will not be flying any plane until you're well. And you will accept my help whether you like it or not, or I will tie you up here while I call your father to tell him where you are." The captain looks so hot when he looks at me so intensely. 

I smiled a little.

"What's so funny?" He crossed his arms in front of him. I just noticed he is still wearing his white uniform. He looks so dashing. I see his muscles and veins from his sleeves running to his hands.

"Nothing captain." I smirked mischievously. "I'll agree with you, only if you let me stay in your place." I might as well get something from this.

He didn't speak for a second, then, "Why do I feel like I am on a losing end here?"

"I assure you, you're not." I said, already plotting how I can inconvenience him more. This is going to be fun.

He went to the wall across the bed and leaned. Thinking. After a while, "Okay, but I have conditions too."

"Gimme," I said. I'm so easy.

"No gambling. No fighting. No escaping." He said laying the rules. 

"Where does that leave me? Is it allowed to move?" I asked sarcastically.

"Are you ten? Act like an adult and I'll treat you like one." He said moving to the bed. When he was so near, he inspected my face. "You look different from the one I met in the plane." Then he touched my forehead, close to the bruise. "What have you been doing?" He looked really interested in what I have to say.

"Maybe I'll tell you in two weeks Captain." I said, unwilling to share my life to a stranger.

"Mew, call me Mew. We are living together anyway. Tell me, don't tell me, up to you, just make sure you're well by that time." He said moving to the door. "I'll come back tomorrow to get you out of here."

-------------------------------------------------------

"You tricked me Mew!" I am pissed. He left out the tiny detail about where he stays.

"Where do you expect I live then? This is our hotel. Of course I stay here." He said mocking me.

We were at the 28th floor of his family's casino. He has a quarter of the floor occupied. I just entered his very minimalistic place. It looks like no one lives here. No personal touches anywhere.

"Do not even attempt to escape. This floor is the family's floor. My sister Nicole lives across from me and my parents on the other side." He said.

Fuck it! I need to get out of here. "How about my things then? I still need to get them." I said, planning on never to come back here again.

"I'll take care of it, just tell me where you're staying." He looks so calm and unbothered.

"Never mind." I said, already exhausted. I already put the money in a safe deposit box and I have the motel paid for three months anyway.

He pointed to the door on the right, "That's the guest room, you will be staying there." Then he went out the door again.

"Where are you going?" I asked. This man doesn't spare any time.

"I need to fix my schedule first. Get yourself comfortable." He looked at me from head to foot, "And rest. i'll bring us something to eat when I come back, so don't stress yourself."