Chapter 11: Gulf

So there's a palpable tension in the elevator methinks. It's sexual for me but I think it's anger for Mew.

It's just the two of us in the elevator and I'd say this is the longest elevator ride I've ever been to.

I'm looking at the lighted numbers.... 8...9...10- ping. Someone in gym clothes hopped on. 11...12-ping. That someone hopped off. Why would he ride an elevator for just two fucking floors when he can use the stairs....14...15..16- ping. The elevator opened, no one hopped on. I tapped my foot and pushed the close button....17...18...19...

"Stop tapping your foot!" Mew said out of the blue.

I am in front of him so I can't really see him. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Stop rolling your eyes Gulf." He said.

....22...23--ping. The elevator opened and I hear some music, a drunk couple came in, smooching. I had to move backwards to give them space. I almost bumped into Mew. He stopped me with his hands on my spine. An electricity ran from my spine to the rest of my body. I moved to the left and leaned on the left panel of the elevator. I crossed my arms to stop myself from clinging my body to him, you know, just in case the urge surges. The couple though, didn't hold themselves back and just french-kissed in front of us. I feel myself flushing.

..25...26- ping. Thank God they hopped off.

....27...28 - ping. "Thank God!" I blurted out loud. I looked at Mew, "Ooops."

Mew looked at me sternly then walked out of the elevator to his place. I followed silently after him.

Once inside, "Sit down." He said.

I've heard this speech before. This time though, I obeyed. I went to the three seater sofa and sat myself in the middle. I put my hands in my knees palm facedown and sat erect like a child.

Mew stood a few feet in front of me looking at the city below. Then he faced me seeming to calm down. He saw me sitting erect silently with a solemn expression on my face.

"What are you doing Gulf?" He asked confused.

My eyes moved from left and right, "Following orders? Obeying you?"

He was shocked. I am shocked too. What the fuck am I doing? Why is my mind going somewhere it shouldn't? I stood up as if just realizing what I was doing.

"Sit down," Mew said again.

I automatically sat down.

He was shocked again. I closed my eyes. My mind is going to places it shouldn't and it's all in my eyes.

"Fuck!" Mew said in frustration. "Go to your room! We'll talk tomorrow. As punishment, you will only collect your winnings when I say you can." Then I hear him bang his bedroom door.

I opened my eyes. Oh fuck, I have a fucking hard-on. I just really wish he has not noticed it.

-------------------------------

The next day, I was walking on egg shells. I woke up first and prepared some omelletes and french toast as quietly as I can. Then I sliced some fruits and made a panda out of it. This should lighten the mood of the day.

I went back to bed and continued to sleep. It was lunch when I woke up and Mew had already gone to I don't know where. The food I prepared are totally gone. A post it saying "thanks for breakfast" is pinned on the refrigerator.

Ding-dong.

Someone buzzed the door. I checked the intercom. It's a server boy with a food tray. I opened it.

"Good day Sir. Captain Mew ordered us to prepare lunch for you." He said.

I opened the door wider. The tray was left in the kitchen. I opened it and saw salad, steak and some seafoods.

I put them all in the table and started to eat. In the middle of eating the steak and salad, I eyed the wrapped seafoods. I am allergic to crabs. But the smell is soooo good. I wouldn't really die if I just taste a tiny bit. I tried it before. My skin just itched for a couple of hours then I was well again.

Okay, just a pinch. I tasted a bite sized crab meat and it tasted like heaven. I tasted another. But it's always threes right? Last bite. Oh my god, it's so so good.

------------------------

I smell ammonia. I hear a lot of voices. What's happening? I tried to open my eyes.

"Gulf? Gulf? Wake up!" I see a blurry Mew looming above me.

I feel soft sheets beneath me. I am in bed.

Mew moved closer to my face. "Hey! Are you okay?"

"What happened Mew?" I whispered.

"You fainted. The server came to get the tray and found you on the floor." He said.

"I'm allergic to crabs." I said heaving. I have a hard time breathing.

"I told you Mew. Out of my way now, I need him examined." Nicole is here too?

Mew moved near my bed post but didn't stand up.

"Oh come on Mew! This is too much. Can you just get out of here." Nicole is getting frustrated.

Mew looked at me, "I'm just outside, okay?"

I nodded.

Nicole started interviewing me. "What else are you allregic to?" ....."Is anything itchy?" ....." Do you have a hard time breathing?" ....."Have you been allergic ever since you can remember?"

I answered all of them.

"Okay, you rest now and please don't get yourself in trouble again. Mew almost had an accident trying to get here. I'll give your prescriptions to Mew," Nicole said. She stood up and went on her way.

I closed my eyes. Mew almost had an accident.

"Hey, feel better?"

I opened my eyes. Mew is back looming over me. I nodded.

"Just rest, and don't worry about the food again. I'll be checking the menu first before anyone delivers food at our place."

I closed my eyes. I think something in my chest just skipped a beat. Our place.