Chapter 41: Mew

Today was exhausting and fulfilling at the same time. I had to stay in Montana for a bit. I wanted to make sure that there will be no surprises in the future so I had to talk to the agent posted by Black inside the state building and the other agent to give them further instructions.  They will stay there to make sure the governor is monitored.

Billy went back to Montana to get me via plane. Now, I just arrived at the casino ready to end my day.  As I entered the lobby, I see George, Black and Mario, the butler, waiting for me.

I approached them, "Why are you all huddled here?"

"We were waiting for you Sir," George said.

I turned to Black, "Have they settled?"

"They're all in the 19th floor Sir. George gave them a suite." Black said, his expression weird.

"That's great. Let's go then. We need to discuss how to proceed from here." I said, already planning how to protect Gulf's family.

"Ummm, maybe you want to visit and check on Gulf first?" George said.

I turned to him, "Is Gulf okay? Did something happen?"

"He is okay Sir, but he has a lot of questions. We do not know how to answer," Black said.

I looked at them. I see, they're all here because they do not want to deal with Gulf.

"You can send Gulf to my office if he has questions," I said then I went ahead to my office to the 29th floor.

-----------------------------

Upon my arrival at the 29th floor, I stretched for a bit. I feel a strain in my shoulder.

Knock.Knock.

Black peeked inside. I signalled for him to come in. He widened the door and let Gulf, his stepmother and his brother in.

My gaze swiped on the visitors and went back to Gulf. I am so proud of him. The speech he gave this afternoon was really spoken with sincerity and with conviction. He can really be a governor. Gulf is looking back at me with a masked expression on his face.

"We haven't been introduced yet," The stepmother said.

I looked at her, "I apologize for my rudness Ma'am." I approached them, about 2 feet away.

Gulf finally spoke, "Betty, Ricky,  Mew Bennett owner of the casino. Mew, my stepmom and brother."

Ricky stepped forward and was about to hug me. I panicked and moved away. Before I know it, Black intercepted and is now in front of me being hugged by Ricky.

"I apologize, I have a strain on my shoulder," I told them to lift the awkwardness that just settled.

Ricky and Black stepped back.

Betty spoke, "I would like to personally thank you for protecting us."

I just nodded, since I can't actually say that I did everything for Gulf.

"You have already done enough and I would not like to disturb you further. My friend has a vacation house just outside of Las Vegas, we would like to stay there if that's okay with you." Betty said.

"Of course Ma'am, you are not a prisoner here." I turned to Black, "Black can you arrange this please? And make sure they are protected?"

"Yes Sir," Black said.

"One last thing," Betty interjected, "I would like to say sorry-----"

Gulf put his arm on Betty's shoulder causing her to stop talking.