III- sol's convenience store

(f/c/b)= favorite candy bar

The lights were so bright in 𝑺𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆 that (Y/n) barely noticed it was the middle of the night. Of course the darkness lingered outside but in the store it was so bright you could almost get away with wearing sunglasses.

Bright glossy signs hung around the store that advertised its various products. Prices and pictures all blended into one flashy display of color.

(Y/n) was no longer tired when working her job, she woke up at nine thirty in the evening and went to work after a quick 'breakfast'. Her work took her from ten at night until six in the morning with small snacks throughout her quiet shift. She would then go about her day, having her final meal at midday and going to bed at two in the afternoon with the assistance of her newly purchased blackout blinds.

The store was empty at this time as it often was, (Y/n)'s lips happily moved along to the song that was playing, lip syncing the words.

Just outside the door a young man squinted his pale blue eyes at the building, he read over the sign to make sure he was in the right place. The vibrant yellows and greens clearly stated the store's name to be 𝑺𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆.

He took a deep breath in and stepped inside, Atlas had been mentally preparing himself to see Indigo ever since he received that text message just over a week ago.

The time was around eleven thirty, he'd intended to show up at the beginning of Indigo's shift at ten but he's spent so long going back and forth about seeing her and even sat outside the store in his car for about forty minutes to try and hype himself up.

Atlas had just been so anxious to see her, there were so many things he wanted to say to his sister but none that would be given any justice over text. He remembered staring at her message for so long once he received it. It was the first he'd heard from her in five years. He could only manage to respond with a simple 'okay', afraid anything more would fuck up his chance to see her.

He walked inside and his ears were greeted by the clear sound of some old music he didn't recognise. Atlas took a few deep breaths before looking to the cash desk.

He had expected to see Indigo so he frowned when he saw a woman who he didn't recognise. His cheeks heated up when he looked at her, she hadn't noticed his presence yet as she mouthed the lyrics to the song and nodded her head.

Atlas's strawberry blonde hair glimmered under the harsh lighting as he walked over to the cash desk.

(Y/n) smiled at him when she saw him, he noted that it was a friendly and pretty smile. The type of smile you show a close friend who you hadn't seen in years. It almost made his heart skip a beat.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She said kindly.

"My, um, my sister I-Indigo works here... I think this is her shift." He said anxiously, Atlas was already a nervous and shy person and this beautiful woman wasn't helping.

"Sorry, I've got the night shift on weekdays. Are you sure she's not here on weekends?" (Y/n) tried to help the blushing young man.

His long eyelashes blinked over his striking blue eyes a few times and then his eyebrows knitted together. "N-no, she said that this was her shift."

"Have you got the right store?"

Atlas nodded quickly, his bottom lip was trembling. He had to stop himself from crying in front of this stranger, he was just so devasted that this chance to see his sister had been a set up. He should have expected this from Indigo.

(Y/n)'s chest tightened painfully when she saw how sad he looked, she obviously didn't know the story behind him and his sister but she wanted to help.

"Hey, why don't I talk to my boss and then let you know what he says about your sister." She said with a gentle smile.

Atlas looked at her with wide eyes. "That would be great." He couldn't help but think about how much sweeter this cashier was than his own sister. Her (s/c) skin seemed to glow with her youth, her (h/c) hair fell perfectly and she could even make the ugly uniform look lovely.

"Give me your number and I'll text you what he says." (Y/n) handed her phone over to him, it seemed unprofessional to do this but it wasn't like there was anyone else there buying stuff for her to checkout.

Atlas hesitantly took her switched on and unlocked phone and went to add a new contact, he pressed his number in from memory and his heart seemed to swell with the notion of a pretty girl having his number.

He handed it back and she thanked him. "Atlas Bellamy, huh? Atlas like the books?"

He smiled at her joke and shrugged. "You'd have to ask my parents."

"Well, I'm (Y/n)." She pointed to the name that was sown into her shirt. "(Y/n) (L/n)."

'Pretty name.' He thought

"So... Is there anything you want to buy while you're here?"

Atlas looked over the chocolate bars and other candies that lined up by the cash desk. "What's y-your favorite candy bar?" He ask while fiddling for his wallet.

(Y/n) laughed lightly and Atlas had to smile when he heard it. It was just such an enchanting sound. 'Ugh, what am I doing? I don't even know her!'

"Um... Probably (f/c/b) but you really don't have to buy anything for me." She said.

Atlas picked up her candy bar and placed it down on the desk. "One (f/c/b) please." He said shakily making (Y/n) shake her head with a beam.

She scanned the barcode and got Atlas to hand her over the correct change. (Y/n) held out the bar and receipt for him.

"For you." He took a step back so she couldn't give to him.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes jokingly. "If you insist. But take the receipt at least. Thanks for shopping at 𝑺𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆."

Atlas was practically hyperventilating when he got back into his car, the thin receipt was crumpled with the way he tightly held onto it.

He still felt sad that Indigo was a no show but (Y/n) was so... So.... He couldn't quite put his finger on what he found so attractive about her. Maybe it was everything.

Atlas rubbed his thumb over the now wrinkled receipt. He frowned at the damage he'd done to it and tried to smooth out the paper for safe keeping.

It was then that his phone pinged with a text message, he was eager to grab it thinking that it might be his sister but what he got instead was arguably even better.

Unknown Number: (Y/n) here! My boss gets in at six (end of my shift) so expect some news about your sister around then.

He bit his lip when reading the message to restrain the wide grin that threatened his features. Atlas glanced back to the store, he was tempted to go back in and spend more time with (Y/n) but it was late and he needed to get some rest.

It was convenient that he lived only around a twenty minute drive from there, just to think about how close Indigo might have been for so long.

Atlas gave her a contact name and then turned his phone off and drove away, finding the place in his mind that was usually occupied by Indigo now being shared with (Y/n).