XXXVII- homely

Indigo blinked a few times upon hearing her name as she genuinely didn't recall who this woman was. She also wasn't used to being caught in a lie.

"You..." (Y/n) was speechless, she could hardly believe that the cause for all her grief was ahead of her. "You're Atlas's sister."

Indigo then breathed out. Atlas must have been running his mouth about her. Pathetic. "Yes, I am. And you are?"

"(Y/n)." She was audibly distressed. "You haven't spoken to him recently, have you?"

"I have not." Indigo said with a slight smile, (Y/n) seemed so... Uncomfortable. "Are you alright?"

(Y/n) inwardly debated her options, this could either work to her favor or go horribly wrong. Indigo had managed to skate by Atlas and Leo for several months but she might be inclined to help them... No, if she was going to assist them then she wouldn't have ignored them for so long. But that letter and all the things (Y/n) had heard about Indigo set her on edge.

It was a risk.

But then again, what was (Y/n) doing these days that wasn't a risk?

"Can we talk?"

Indigo had told hold back laughter as (Y/n) told her what had happened between her, Atlas and Leo. It was just so funny to her, and now all three of them were suffering all thanks to her. Her high class lying skills allowed her to keep a straight and concerned face, Indigo was beginning to feel slight regret surrounding the note she'd given (Y/n). She needed (Y/n)'s trust to play this as she wanted.

"So now I've been staying with Cheyenne for a few days now but I need to figure out what I'm doing next. I can't be on the run for my whole life."

Indigo faked a sympathetic smile and reached over the table to take (Y/n)'s hand, she may not have got a job that day but this was way better. "I want to apologize on behalf of them. I already knew they were like this and that's the reason I left."

"But... What about the note you gave me?"

"I may have projected some of my own negative emotions onto you. I'm sorry for that too." Indigo lied again. She still didn't like (Y/n) for taking their attention away but this was a perfect way to get the attention back. "I want to help you."

"You don't have to do that." (Y/n) said while pulling her hand away. "I already regret bringing Aiden and Cheyenne into this, I shouldn't get you involved too."

"I can't help but feel like..." Indigo looked down to feign sadness. "Like this is my fault. They wouldn't have step foot in that store and you wouldn't have to deal with this if I hadn't-" She cut herself off with a hitch of her breath.

(Y/n) watched Indigo's act carefully. She was on the fence between buying it and seeing it for the bullshit that it was. Indigo was convincing, she'd give her that, but it was everything Sol, Atlas and the Bellamys had said about Indigo that made (Y/n) doubt her. In addition she was saying she regretted sending them to the store, but why get Atlas to go there after she'd quit.

Something wasn't adding up.

"You say you want to give Cheyenne a break? Let me try to make this up to you however I can and allow you to stay with me. I can help you stay away. Don't forget, I know them so I can help you better than anyone else." Indigo proposed.

"I'm not sure..." (Y/n) replied vaguely. It all came down to the same issue of whether she was going to trust Indigo or not.

She didn't want to endanger Cheyenne more than she already was and maybe it was a good idea to keep this between her and someone already involved.

"I can help you lead a normal life free from Atlas and Leo." Indigo continued. "That's what I've been doing."

In all fairness, Indigo had managed to evade the two of them for quite some time so it wasn't a question of ability.

"Um... I'll stay the night and we can talk about this more." (Y/n) decided to be fairly noncommittal about the whole thing. She'd see what Indigo was like for herself instead of going by the word of other's and make a judgement. "Can I use your phone?"

"No!" Indigo said quickly and defensively, she covered up how suspicious she sounded with a light chuckle. "What do you need it for?"

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes at Indigo following her odd reaction. "I need to call Cheyenne and let him know I'm staying with someone else for the night."

"Oh... Well, tell me his number and I'll dial it for you." Indigo was very protective over her phone, if she was the puppet master then her phone kept all the strings up. She didn't want (Y/n) to accidentally stumble upon something that painted her negatively.

(Y/n) read out the number Cheyenne had scribbled on her hand and instead of handing the phone over Indigo out it on speaker and held it near (Y/n).

"Yellow?" Cheyenne's voice came though the speaker.

"Hi, it's (Y/n)."

"Oh, what's up, everything okay on your end?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm just calling to tell you I won't be back until tomorrow. I've got a place to stay tonight." She said, not seeing the smirk that invaded Indigo's features.

"Sure thing. Be careful, yeah?"

"Will do."

Before they could say their goodbyes Indigo tapped the red 'hang up' button and pulled her phone back into her chest. "Great. That's sorted."

(Y/n) nodded slowly, still unsure if she was making the right decision.