XXVII- two bouquets

(Y/n) couldn't get her mind off what Leo did the whole drive home that morning. He kissed her. It seemed out of the blue but as she thought more and more about their interactions his action made more sense, it wasn't that she was excusing him. It was still a shitty thing to do and (Y/n) was going to have a hard time forgiving him but she could safely assume that he had some sort of feelings towards her.

If (Y/n) couldn't return his feelings before then she certainly couldn't now. She just hoped that all the drama could pass, they could avoid each other for a while and when they've both got past it she could maybe rekindle her friendship with Leo. It was going to be tough but it pained (Y/n) to think of losing one of her only friends in her new area.

'At least no one saw it.' She thought.

But someone did.

And that someone wasn't happy. All of Atlas's fear were confirmed, he wished more than ever than he could hear what they said but (Y/n) definitely didn't seem happy with Leo.

His poor little flower.

It was as he watched this that Atlas knew he needed to make his move, he couldn't wait around and let someone else win her over.

A few nights had passed and Leo hadn't been showing up at all. Not that (Y/n) was all that torn up about it, she was glad he was at least respecting her boundaries.

"Thank you for shopping at 𝑺𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆!" She said with a smile to a departing customer.

(Y/n) was then left in the otherwise empty store with only the products and old music to keep her company. She picked up her phone and flicked through some messages and replied to them to pass the time, most being from old friends and family. There was one in particular that caught her eye, it was from Atlas.

Atlas: I'm outside. May I come in?

(Y/n) raised her eyebrows at the message and checked the timestamp. It from an hour ago. Was he talking about the store? Was he outside now?

She cast her vision to look through the glass and saw a car she vaguely recognised. It was nice that Atlas didn't want to impose upon her but her must've known that she doesn't check her phone that often when working.

(Y/n): Sure! You don't need to ask me haha

After sending the text (Y/n) switched her phone off and looked outside to see Atlas getting out of his car though he seemed to be holding... Something, it was difficult to see what it was in the dark. But once he entered the bright lights of the inside it became all too clear.

It was a large bouquet made up of (f/f)s and tulips, when (Y/n) saw it accompanied by the ginger smile on Atlas's blushing face as he shakily approached her the only thing she could think was how badly she hoped it wasn't for her.

"H-hello, (Y/n)." He said shyly.

(Y/n)'s eyes darted from the flowers to his face continually. "Hey, Atlas.... What've you got there?"

He gulped and then held the bouquet out to her. "They're for y-you... I wanted to give you something, um, something as beautiful a-as you but that's-s impossible."

'Oh god...' She said to herself inwardly. Atlas was so sweet it was going to be hard to reject him especially after that whole stunt with his parents.

"Atlas, I would feel guilty accepting-"

"(Y/n), I'm in love with you!" He cried out of left field the second he caught onto her disappointed expression. Of course she would reject him! She was a literal goddess and he was nothing more but a pathetic bit of dirt at her feet.

(Y/n) paused in shock.

"I adore you more than anything else! Please! I want to marry you!" By now he'd started crying from the sheer stress of it all whirl (Y/n) stared with wide eyes. "Please take the flowers!"

"Atlas-"

"What's going on??"

Both (Y/n) and Atlas looked to the entrance, she was relieved for a bout a second that maybe another customer was walking in and could save her from the awkward situation she was in but no.

It was Leo... Also bring a bouquet of flowers. Only his was made up of red roses.

'Cliché.' Atlas thought angrily when he saw the other man enter.

"Back off, I need to talk to (Y/n)." Leo barked at Atlas as he made a beeline towards the two of them.

"I-I'm talking t-to her!" Atlas defended himself he looked at (Y/n) and his eyes immediately softened to a dreamy gaze. "I w-was in the middle of de-declaring my love for her."

"Atlas, I can't accept this. I'm sorry, I just don't feel the same." (Y/n) said gently to put a pin in his hope before he got overexcited.

Atlas deflated, even more tears overflowed from his eyes, they ran down his face full force. "No... No! (Y/n)! I love you!"

Leo grimaced and shoved the weaker man aside. "She doesn't love you because she loves me." He held the flowers out to (Y/n) with a bright smile. "Take this as a confession of love and apology for my bad behaviour, I promise you nothing like that will ever-"

"No, Leo! I don't love either of you." (Y/n) pushed the flowers away, feeling far less sympathy for Leo than she did for Atlas who was currently sobbing in a heap on the floor. She was just very happy to have the cash desk dividing them otherwise (Y/n) was sure he'd have been clinging to her leg.

"Is this about the other night? That wasn't me, I-"

"I just don't have those sort of feelings for you..." (Y/n) went quiet, she'd been trying to salvage her friendships with both of them but this was... A lot. "I think we shouldn't see each other for a while."

"(Y/n)!" Atlas cried out, his voice somehow breaking on two separate occasions while just saying her first name.

"I need to ask you both to leave the premises."

Leo couldn't believe he was getting rejected by the love of his life, his dream girl, the woman he was going to marry. He convinced hinself that all good love stories had hills and valleys, obstacles to be overcome. He dragged Atlas out of the store by the back of his collar.

Of course (Y/n) loved him, maybe she didn't know it yet. Leo was just going at the wrong angle and he was sure Atlas would agree.