XXVIII- concrete

Leo saw red as he walked a little way down the road, just until he and Atlas were out of (Y/n)'s ear and eyeshot. All the while he was dragging Atlas who was wailing loudly. Leo didn't care for how upset Atlas was, he was the one who had a right to be upset, he knew (Y/n) much better anyway. Leo was perfect for (Y/n) and yet he still got rejected.

He tossed Atlas onto the ground which made the taller man whimper in pain and desperately try to protect the bouquet over his own body. Leo was only further angered as he watched Atlas adjust the pretty flowers with his shaky fingers. Leo ripped the bouquet from Atlas's hands and let it fall, stepping on the flowers for good measure.

"Listen up, I don't care how you feel about (Y/n) but she's mine, got it?? You need to stay away from her!" Leo spat down at Atlas.

Atlas sniffed and wiped some tears from his eyes. "Y-y-you don't deserve he-her." He said weakly.

"(Y/n) and I were made for each other." Leo was confident in his words, this confidence was only elavated by the fact he was literally standing above Atlas's knocked over frame.

"You kissed-d her without her per-permission."

Leo took a step back. (Y/n) couldn't have possibly told this guy, she hardly mentioned him. "She told you?"

Atlas quietly stood himself up.

"I asked you a question!"

"I know you think s-seeing her every night makes you some sort of ex-expert on everything to do with (Y/n)... B-but I'll bet I know her much better than you."

"Really?" Leo scoffed.

Atlas took his phone out and held it on the open tab. It shows the live feed of the inside of (Y/n)'s apartment, of course Leo didn't know what her home looked like.

"What am I looking at?" He sounded unimpressed.

"(Y/n)'s apartment... And..." Atlas flicked onto another tab on his phone, this one showed a clear shot of (Y/n) behind the cash register. "The store."

Leo reached out to grab the phone but Atlas pulled it away.

"You're stalking her...?"

"Like you're m-much better. I love (Y/n), I just want to make her ha-happy." Atlas tucked his phone in his pocket. "So, what now?"

They were stood opposite each other on the side of the road, tears stained Atlas's red cheeks and the evidence of anger was left behind in the crevices of Leo's face.

"She rejected us both... She doesn't want anything to do with either of us." Leo lamented and glanced back at the store. The wheels in his head turned, he should really get rid of Atlas but that may not be the most efficient option. "Do you think we can convince her?"

"W-we..?" Atlas questioned.

"The way I see it is we have a few options. You kill me to have (Y/n), I kill you to have (Y/n)..."

Atlas gulped guiltily, he'd be lying if he said murder had never crossed his mind. "O-or?"

"Or... We work together and share her."

Atlas scowled at the idea, sharing with anyone wasn't ideal but Leo was just so unworthy.

"Think about it, there's no one out there who loves (Y/n) more than us and if both of us are there for her she'll never have to be lonely, at least one of us can be with her at all times and she'll be twice as safe." Leo explained, hearing it out loud actually made Atlas take the idea into account.

"I-I want her to myself, th-though." Atlas stammered in irritation. Seeing Leo kiss (Y/n) had made his blood boil, he couldn't go through that everyday.

"I do too... But jealousy will become easier to deal with over time and I'd rather this than have (Y/n) think of me as a murderer." Leo said. "Look, we don't need to agree on everything but both of us have the common goal of making (Y/n) happy."

"E-even if there are two of u-us... She d-doesn't love either of us so i-it doesn't even matter."

"I think I know a way we can change that... Having two of us will also make it much easier to get her into our arms."

(Y/n) felt tired enough to have worked three consecutive shifts when Leo and Atlas left. She was devasted to say the least, two of her only new friends had both taken that friendship and crushed it.

She might have been able to deal with it if they were just innocent crushes but this full-blown 'love' scared her, both of the looks in their eyes were haunting... Like something out of a horror movie.

A red rose that had fallen from Leo's bouquet was on the floor, (Y/n) walked around the desk to pick it up. It had been dethorned so she didn't need to worry about cutting herself.

She examined the flower closely, it was such a shame they had to fall for her when she really couldn't return their feelings. (Y/n) only hoped they both got over this quickly and maybe one day she could be friends with them again.

Everytime she thought about rekindling the friendship or just talking it through she was once again reminded of that look, it scared her more than anything. They looked at her like they would prepared to take their own lives if she desired.

She put the rose in a trash can and dusted her hands off. Some time apart would do all three of them some good.

Indigo would be proud of the chaos her disappearance was creating.