IX- lovely

(Y/n) drummed her fingers on the desk. She'd been at work for about an hour and had only checked out three customers.

A repetitive dripping sound came from the soda machine, it was old and needed replacing. (Y/n) left her post behind the cash desk to go over to the machine. She whacked the side of it a few times, that had been Sol's advice on what to do before they could get it replaced.

She thought about how Indigo must have done this too. She worked this same job and this same shift not long ago.

(Y/n) wanted to know more about her. None of what she'd heard about Indigo had been overly flattering so it didn't make sense for them to be looking for her. She supposed that Leo just wanted the jacket but Atlas..? It was unclear but it wasn't really her business anyway. Or maybe it was now, she'd got herself involved in this search for Indigo and she had never even met her.

(Y/n) smiled and shook her head softly, it was a bit strange, wasn't it?

The entrance to the store opened and (Y/n) stepped away from the still leaking machine to go back to the cash desk.

She raised her eyebrows when she noticed who it was, it was that same grumpy teenager who'd been there a few nights ago. He saw her too and rolled his eyes.

(Y/n) wanted to say some snarky comment about him saying that he wasn't going to come back but she had to hold it inside for the sake of her job.

"I hope you're not going to ask me for alcohol again." She remarked as she scanned his items.

"I am actually." He said with a smug grin. "And before you ask... My ID."

The boy pulled an ID out of his pocket and held it in front of (Y/n)'s face. "So, your name's Paul and you're... Forty-seven?" The face on the ID was quite clearly not his. "Nice try, but it's a no."

He let out a sharp breath through his nostrils. "It is my ID. I was just... Having a bad day is all."

"Come on, I'm not an idiot." (Y/n) chuckled as she bagged his items.

"Well my name is really Paul."

She tilted her head to the side.

"Fine. It's Aiden." He snatched the bag from her hand.

"Can't wait to see what you come up with next time, Aiden." (Y/n) grinned as he stomped off in a huff.

Atlas paced his room nervously. He wanted to see (Y/n) again but it would be weird if he went to the store now. He didn't have an excuse and he didn't need to buy anything.

He just really wanted to see her.

Atlas couldn't figure out why he was acting this way. (Y/n) was pretty and gentle but he'd met pretty and gentle women in the past. He'd never acted like this though. He'd never felt physically itchy from being without her.

Her face, her voice, her laugh, it all picked at his skin and teased him because it was only memory. She wasn't really there.

Atlas shook his head adamantly, in denial of what he was feeling.

The only other person who made him quite as nervous as (Y/n) was... Well, it was Indigo. But (Y/n) had another affect on him that Indigo didn't- she could somehow give him crippling anxiety and more confidence than he'd ever felt at the exact same time.

He was so uncomfortable and yet so comfortable around her. But the price to pay for these sensations was the vicious withdrawal that came from being without her.

Atlas flopped down onto his bed in exhaustion. He needed to go to bed instead of molding his sleep schedule around (Y/n)'s. He was tired, so tired, the way his heart was thumping tricked his body into thinking he'd just ran a marathon.

Sweat was sent trickling down his flushed face. Heavy breaths pushed at his chest painfully.

It was so so painful.

If he truly was experiencing love then why the hell would it hurt so badly?? Everyone always says how great love is and sure it was amazing when he was with (Y/n) but he couldn't keep her in his sights forever.

Could he?

Indigo's grey eyes looked over everyone in the bar, she was picking her prey for the night. She needed someone who she could have her fun with and then ditch on the side of the road.

She was sat up on a barstool and her short dress rode up her thighs to reveal more than what the dress designer intended.

Her blood red nails tapped on the glass that held the strong cocktail she was slowly making her way through.

She stirred at the golden concoction with her straw. Indigo was struggling to concentrate in her new environment when she couldn't stop thinking about what she'd left behind. Had Atlas stopped caring? She still got texts from him and Leo but they were becoming few and far between, in addition to that their words were becoming far less impassioned.

Maybe she should pay them a visit... No. Too obvious. But there must be someway she could intervene and get her kicks.

As this thought crossed her mind a woman walked past with her group of friends, she gave Indigo a one over and that was enough encouragement for Indigo to make her decision.

She smirked and took another sip of her drink before hopping off the stool to go make contact.