XII- sister

"What do you think?" (Y/n) asked after placing Indigo's note on the table.

She, Atlas and Leo were back at the café on Saturday morning to discuss the message (Y/n).

"It's..." Leo tilted his head to the side, struggling to grasp the right words to describe the note. "She's... I don't know."

"She said she would try to see me soon." Atlas clutched the paper tightly with a small smile on his face.

Leo and (Y/n) frowned at each other. Neither of them believed she actually would come to see Atlas, they were also wondering how he so easily brushed over the fact that his sister who he loved so much called him a 'pathetic little boy'.

"I wouldn't put too much hope in that." (Y/n) advised with a wince. "She might be lying." She said softly, trying to break it to Atlas gently.

"But she might not be... I know it's stupid to trust her but she's my sister and I want to see her again." Atlas said quietly, not removing his gaze from the words on the paper.

"Indigo is... She's leading you on, she's messing around with your feelings. I think if she wants to see you then she'll find you."

Quivering pale blue eyes lifted to stare at (Y/n), Atlas didn't want to give up on his sister. She said she loved him, she was supposed to love him. The note hurt him, but not because of what Indigo said about him but what she said about (Y/n). He wanted (Y/n) and Indigo to like each other, he wanted them both in his life as much as possible.

"I don't think we should keep looking for someone who doesn't want to be found." (Y/n) continued.

Leo was tempted to speak up about her still being in ownership of his jacket. It was technically and literally theft but he knew it wasn't the right time.

Atlas bit on the inside of his cheek and let his head hang low, despite being rather tall he seemed to hunch over and make himself physically smaller.

"She came back..." He whispered. "She might come back again."

(Y/n) sighed and stood up and walked around the table to where Atlas was sat. She crouched behind his chair and hugged his shoulders from behind, her head rested next to his.

Leo watched in implacable displeasure. Watching (Y/n) give affection to Atlas was like having millions of tiny bugs crawling all over his skin, agitating him with their movements, biting him and drawing blood though that latter feeling may have just been his nails digging into his palms. "I need to go." Leo announced. "I have a shoot." He knew he had to work later but he could have easily stayed for longer. This was too much for him to look at especially with how he was grappling with his own feelings for (Y/n).

"I'll see you around." (Y/n) said, her face still close to Atlas's. Leo couldn't get his mind off the fact that Atlas could probably feel her breath, he may have even been able to taste it.

Leo just nodded in response, no longer being able to look at her. He rushed out and (Y/n) stood up to give Atlas a pat on the head.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

He shrugged.

"We should probably go soon." (Y/n) glanced around the busy café, also seeing the line that was growing by the door.

Atlas pouted, he didn't want to be alone again. He couldn't miss (Y/n) anymore. "Will you come back to my house?" He asked.

(Y/n)'s eyes went wide. She wasn't expecting the question as she didn't think their friendship was quite at that level yet but she wasn't opposed to the idea. Atlas didn't seem like the man to invite her over with bad intentions but (Y/n) would stay alert anyway.

Atlas lived in a small two storey house, it was quite impressive for him to live there alone at such a young age but he told (Y/n) that his parents bought it for him.

He had decorated it well and (Y/n) supposed that artistic eye came from his work in design for advertising.

"C-can I get you anything?" Atlas asked worriedly, he very badly wanted to be a good host for (Y/n) but he hadn't had anyone to visit in so long.

"I'm alright, thank you." (Y/n) smiled politely, she stayed standing as she was almost scared to sit on the perfectly neat couch.

"Please, sit down! Are you sure there's nothing you want to drink or eat or anything really? Please let me know if there's anything I can do, anthing at all!" He said eagerly, pushing (Y/n) to sit down by her shoulders. "S-sorry, was I too harsh there? Are you alright??"

"I'm fine, Atlas, please stop worrying." (Y/n) tried to calm him. His complexion had gone from a colorless sheet to a warm pink from the nonexistent stress he'd put himself under.

"I apologize for worrying too much, I just want to be a good host." He sat down next to her in a huff.

(Y/n) nodded in understanding, though she'd never felt the pressure to his extent she could get where he was coming from when it came to wanting to be perceived in a certain way. Her gaze was cast to his coffee table ahead of them that had several photo frames as well as potted plants.

One picture in particular caught her attention. Atlas was a young teenager in it, possible thirteen or fourteen and another older teenage girl stood by him. They were both smiling though her's seemed fake. "Is that Indigo?" (Y/n) gestured towards the photo.

Atlas looked to the frame and then reached over to lift it up. "Uh, yeah, this was taken... Ages ago. She was my best friend, although.." He smiled sadly. "I'm not sure if she thought as highly of me. She liked to make me cry, but she preferred mentally messing with me over physically doing it."

"I know she's your sister and you obviously care a lot about her but why put up with her behaviour?" (Y/n) carefully took Atlas's hand and intertwined the fingers together making his breath hitch.

"Um, ah haha." He laughed awkwardly a bit from the pleasant chills that came with (Y/n)'s touch. "She was the only person who ever gave me the time of day, I always looked up to her and I... I don't think she's a bad person I think she... Has a strange way of showing love." Atlas stared at the photo a little longer, he could easily recall the exact day it was taken.

'She does care about me.' Atlas told himself. 'She just doesn't know how to show it.'