XXXVI- really real

Nicole had left in the morning after staying the night and (Y/n) was determined to start her hunt for a job. It didn't have to be anything huge, she just wanted her own income so she could get together some money before moving on.

She was well aware that she could not stay with Cheyenne forever and she didn't want to get him, Nicole or Aiden overly involved in her situation.

"I'm going down to the job office." She announced, taking a pair of spare keys with her.

Cheyenne nodded. "What time do you think you'll be back?"

(Y/n) shrugged. "It depends, I'm not sure how long I'll be looking for."

He took out a checkbook and wrote something on it. "There's twenty bucks if you're out there for lunch."

"Thanks." (Y/n) inwardly wondered if any places would accepts checks or if she'd have to cash it in.

"Give me your hand." Cheyenne still had the pen and got hold of (Y/n)'s hand and scribbled his number on it. "If you need anything or whatever." He stated.

(Y/n) thanked him and tucked the check away in her pocket.

Indigo gritted her teeth when she flicked through the amount of money she had. She'd stolen some money from a guy she'd spent last night with but it wasn't as much as she was hoping for.

She cringed at the thought at getting a job again, she hadn't minded working at 𝑺𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆 too much but she'd got lucky with that. There was no guarantee she'd get lucky again.

Sighing, Indigo stuffed the cash into her purse and lethargically lifted up her phone to send a lazily typed out text message to her latest fling.

Atlas's contact showed itself and she rolled her eyes. Messing with him had fallen flat. The note she left the new cashier may have had a payoff but if it did Indigo didn't even get to see it.

That was the best part of it all and she fucking missed it!

She thought about maybe calling him just to fuck with his head but left it. Atlas was a fragile case. Whatever she did with him should be thought through. Indigo switched her phone off with a huff, before anything else she needed to get a job. She'd been flying by the seat of her pants for too long.

Indigo shot up from where she was sat and went over to her closet. She pulled the jacket that had once belonged to Leo and pulled it on, checking her reflection in the mirror. She'd thought about selling it several times but it didn't sell for much and she just liked the sensation of putting it on, knowing it belonged to someone else.

A smirk slipped onto her lips and she checked her makeup and hair before she left.

(Y/n) had her hood pulled over her head, even though she knew the likelihood of Atlas and/or Leo being there was slim, she'd rather be safe than sorry. But even if they were there a good wouldn't have done much to conceal her identity, it just made her feel better. She'd also promised Nicole last night that she'd wear a disguise so this was her sort of making good on that.

Aiden's instructions of the job office hadn't exactly painted the most vivid picture in her head. He said it was 'just go down the street and you'll see it'.

Ordinarily, (Y/n) would've used the map on her phone but of course that wasn't an option anymore.

Her steps were quick, she felt far too vulnerable when out in the open all alone. Part of her wished that she'd asked Cheyenne to come with her in case on the off chance something did go wrong but she was already taking a room in his house, some of his money, some of his groceries and being a general nuisance. No matter how many times he assured her that there was no problem with her staying (Y/n) maintained her guilt.

Though it seemed Aiden's vague directions had actually landed her in the right place as she spotted the navy blue sign post the teenager had told her to look out for. (Y/n) smiled to herself and speed walked over while removing the hood from her head.

Indigo was chewing on a piece of gum as she furiously texted two different people on different chats at the same time, talking about the other. It was stressful as several times now she had almost sent a very degrading message about the person she was sending it too but she always managed to just about catch her mistake in time.

A muffled announcement came through the bus's intercom system and Indigo knew that the next stop would be her's. She concluded both conversations and put her phone away before the bus stopped.

The job office was near the bus stop, just little way down the street. Indigo walked in by where the navy blue sign post was. The dingy building was near silent when she walked in, around five other people browsed the job listings and Indigo took her time to give all of them a once over.

Perhaps one of them would be her next victim of emotional torment, Indigo got a bit of tissue to take out her gum and place for in the bin and walked up to a young woman to try and scope her out.

The woman she was looking at was intently reading through open positions but there was a hint of frustration in her eyes as she scanned down the list. Her (h/c) hair had been pulled away from her face which gave Indigo a clear view, she could label her as being of similar age to her brother.

The reason (Y/n) was quite so irritated was that a lot of the jobs required an email address to contact her with and she was almost certain that Atlas and Leo would have access to her emails if they had her phone.

"Need any help?" A smooth feminine voice came from beside (Y/n).

She looked away from the job listings to see a beautiful woman with short strawberry blonde hair and a smile on her face.

(Y/n) opened her mouth to answer but then suddenly the sight of this woman became uncannily familiar. She tried to recall quite where she'd seen her. "Sorry, do I know you?"

"I... Don't think so..?" Indigo peeled her grey eyes at (Y/n). Had she met her before and just forgotten about her?

"Can you tell me your name?"

Indigo hesitated, she didn't want to ruin this if she had. "... Tessa."

(Y/n) didn't buy it, she continued to look the woman up and down until it hit her. Her lips parted in shock. The reason she recognised her was becuase of the picture she'd seen in Atlas's house but that was from years ago.

"Indigo." She stated. "Indigo Bellamy. It's you."