XLIX- my love

(Y/n) was back in the room she had first found herself in. They left her there with few words of where to find them if she needed anything.

It was a bit of an anticlimax if she was being honest; no big confrontation, no screaming match, not really any consequences for running either. That was the way it seemed at least.

She sighed and lay back on the soft bed, it was back to square one. The worst part is that she hadn't even been close, if they knew where she was going then they likely drove to the store and arrived hours before (Y/n). Was she really that predictable to them?

She rubbed at her nose and felt tears coming on, it all just felt so hopeless. (Y/n) had her mind cast back to anything she could have done that would've prevented this... Not trusting Indigo was obvious but Leo and Atlas would've found her eventually anyway.

This wasn't the type of life (Y/n) had ever wanted to lead, even if she did get away her life would be totally different. She wasn't able to live under the radar and just leave everything behind.

Her heart was filled with animosity towards Indigo, Atlas and Leo but the latter two would never understand it... They thought they could make her happy but the only thing they could really do for (Y/n) was leave her alone indefinitely. Indigo understood (Y/n)'s feelings but she just didn't care.

All three of them were far too concerned with their own wants and desires to take into consideration how (Y/n) felt, at least Indigo admitted it though that somehow made her even worse.

Even if (Y/n) felt some spite towards the other woman she was still concerned about what happened to her. Being beaten over the head with a heavy, hardback book couldn't have many positive effects but (Y/n) doubted that she caused any long lasting damage.

A few hours passed and (Y/n) realised that Leo and Atlas were really leaving her alone and weren't going to pop up anytime soon.

Good for her. She didn't want to see them at all.

(Y/n) decided to finally go to sleep, she'd had an exhausting night and was more than ready to put an end to it. She passed out almost the very she shut her eyes but a tumultuous night was to come.

She felt herself being shaken lightly awake and was ripped from the pleasant ignorance of her captivity.

Leo hovered above her with a sweet smile.

"Is it morning already?" She grumbled in confusion.

"Not quite... I'm so sorry to wake you up but... Indigo took you aside earlier tonight, right?" He said in a hushed whisper so as not to overly disturb (Y/n)'s peaceful atmosphere.

"Uh, she didn't really take me aside.. I followed her to her room but she locked me in so I had to knock her out to get the key." (Y/n) didn't see the point in lying, it wasn't like much of her plan could be recycled anyway.

"Okay..." Leo looked aside in a contemplative manner. "Thank you for telling me this."

"Um... Sure, can I ask why you need to know?"

He shook his head and lowered down to move some of (Y/n)'s hair and kiss her forehead tenderly. "I love you. Sweet dreams."

With that, Leo left her in the darkness of her room to return to sleep. (Y/n) couldn't help but wonder why he needed to know that, it also shocked her that he didn't even mention her attempt at running. She wondered if they'd ever actually communicate with her about that, or were they both just too insecure to hear about how much she wanted to leave?

It had to have been a good few hours after Leo had left and (Y/n) had drifted back into her deep sleep when she was awoken again.

This time she was not shaken but it was the sound of remarkably heavy breathing that caused her to stir.

(E/c)'s eyes fluttered open and were revealed only to land on Atlas several paces away from the foot of her bed.

But even without the light (Y/n) could see the dark liquid that coated his being. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw him.

"M-my flower~" He seemed to notice her sudden animation. "I didn't mean to wake you... I just wanted to check on you."

"What..." (Y/n) could hardly talk becuase her mind was running wild.

'It's blood, it has to be blood, it can only be blood. But whose?'

"What is on you?" She breathed out.

Atlas knitted his brows then looked down at himself like he'd forgotten. "This is nothing you n-need to worry about. Everything's okay now."

"Atlas..." (Y/n) tried to keep her voice steady as he walked around to meet the side of her bed, this gave (Y/n) an even better view of the fresh blood that covered him and the coppery scent that came with it attacked her senses. "What did you do..?"

He smiled gently and touched (Y/n)'s cheek, she flinched as she felt the warm liquid being transferred from his hand to her face.

'Fuck, it's still warm.. what the hell happened?'

"I-I'll let you get your re-rest, I am s-so sorry for bothering you."

Atlas left without providing (Y/n) with any answers, she cowered back under her covers. She touched the spot on her cheek that he had cupped and her suspicions were confirmed when the tips of her fingers became smudged with a dark stain.