XVIII- extra support

"Where is everyone?" (Y/n) huffed, no one had entered the store and she was an hour into her shift.

Leo shrugged. "Aren't you glad you get to spend more time with me though?" He raised his eyebrows and grinned.

"No, you're super annoying." She joked.

He stuck his bottom lip out. "Don't mind me, I'm just going to go cry in the corner."

(Y/n) laughed at his behaviour and shook her head lightly. "Do you not get bored coming here every night?" She asked.

Leo frowned. "I'm still waiting for Indigo to show up." That was a bit of a lie. Of course it would be nice if Indigo did show up and he was definitely still invested in finding her but the main reason he hung out at 𝑺𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆 was to be around (Y/n).

"Ah right, gotta get that jacket." (Y/n) said with a sweet smile, Leo inwardly swooned when he saw it. He lamented over the fact he couldn't leap over the cash desk, take (Y/n) into his arms and kiss her all over.

Not yet at least.

"Yup." He agreed.

"If you don't mind me asking... You said it had sentimental value... Can I know why?" (Y/n) questioned cautiously. "You don't have to tell me." She added quickly.

Leo's heterochromatic eyes went wide at the question. He should've expected it would come at some point and he did plan on telling (Y/n) eventually. "Uh, no, it's fine." He assured her though Leo wasn't sure if it was fine, in truth he found the story quite embarrassing even though most of the people he had told didn't agree. It was just that he personally didn't like thinking about the time in his life where it came from.

"I... I, god, how do I start?... I, um wow I didn't think this was gonna be this bad?" Leo pushed his face into his hands in embarrassment.

"If it's too difficult for you then don't say anything, it's all good." She said sympathetically. "It's totally up to you."

"No, I... I want to tell you." Leo drew in a deep breath. "I came out to my mom when I was fifteen, I was so scared. I don't remember what I told her exactly but I know I cried... A lot. But she accepted me and was really supportive which felt amazing after I'd had this secret for so long. After I told her and we talked a bit, I told her my name, how I knew I was a guy, how long I'd known and stuff like that. Then she took me out into town and we went to the men's section in the department store... God, I was so terrified but so happy at the same time. The first thing I tried on was this jacket, it was too big for me but it made me feel so... I can't even describe it but when I looked at myself in the mirror wearing it was like I was seeing myself for the first time... From then on it was always a source of confidence and when my dysphoria was getting bad I'd put it on and it would help, even if it was just a little bit." Leo concluded his sorry with a sharp sigh. "Pretty dumb, huh?"

"It's not dumb at all." (Y/n) walked around the desk so she could go up to Leo and hug him close. He stayed still for a moment but then wrapped his arms around (Y/n) and held her gently. "I know the jacket means a lot to you but I hope you know that with or without it you're still who you say you are because that's just who you are in your soul. You and your feelings are valid, Leo.... God, that sounds super corny but you get what I'm saying."

He really couldn't think straight with (Y/n) in his arms like this. Leo's heart was going at a million miles an hour and he was sure she could feel it, with any luck she'd just think it was the nervousness that came with telling her.

"I really hope you get it back soon but if you don't I'll always be here to try and boost your confidence." (Y/n) stepped away from Leo and smiled at him warmly. He ruffled her hair affectionately.

'I love you.' That was what he thought.

"Thanks." But that was what he said.

Leo couldn't stop smiling on his drive home, his cheeks hurt but he didn't care.

(Y/n) was just so utterly perfect and precious, he couldn't get enough of her. 'My world, my treasure, my love, my princess, my (Y/n)..' He'd never felt so passionately about anyone in his life, he had to have her. It wasn't an option for her not to be with him.

Leo's heart fluttered around his chest and he repeated (Y/n)'s name to himself, he loved the feeling of it in his mouth and the way it sounded in his voice. He knew he couldn't get too carried away since he needed to focus on driving but it was hard not to when it came to (Y/n).

Soon he hoped to get her out of that dead end job and in his arms where she'd stay permanently. But until that was possible he'd be at the convenience store every night for as long as he could be.

'(Y/n)... What are you doing to me...?'