XLVII- sadistic tendancies

(Y/n) followed Indigo through the crowd of people. She presumed Leo was off talking to someone else since Indigo had been alone.

She wasn't quite sure where Indigo was leading her but they eventually were going upstairs and ended up in a bedroom of sorts. (Y/n) waited for Indigo to talk once they arrived.

Indigo looked around the pale room with wide eyes. "This is the room I grew up in..." She murmured in slight awe that her parents had left it so untouched even after all these years. "Do you know much about me? From Atlas or..anyone else?"

"A little." (Y/n) stayed by the doorway, not wanting to get too close. "From Atlas, your parents, Leo and Sol."

"Ah, right, I almost forgot you worked for Sol..." Indigo continued to explore her old room without saying anything to (Y/n).

The (h/c) haired woman watched Indigo potter about in disbelief, was she really not going to address the glaring elephant in the room??

"Indigo." She stated

"That's my name."

(Y/n) huffed in frustration. "Don't be a smartass, you need to help me."

Indigo had an amused expression on her face as she looked over at (Y/n) and scoffed. "Why do I need to help you? I don't need to do anything."

"You turned me in to them. This is your fault." (Y/n) said sharply. "Please, you've run away without a trace before I just need you to get me out of here and then I'm out of your hair forever."

"I'm really struggling to see at what part of that I get anything out of it." Indigo crossed her arms.

"What the hell did you get out of handing me over?!" (Y/n) exclaimed angrily.

Indigo walked slyly over to (Y/n). "It's just a bit of fun, am I not allowed to help my brother? Really, it's your own fault for trusting me."

"I thought you hated Atlas." (Y/n) stated stiffly, she twitched as Indigo grew closer.

"And?" Indigo paused, both in her speech and her movement. "I hate him but this is way more entertaining for me than letting you run off. He's so constantly stressed out by you that half the time I think his little heart will give out." She laughed dryly. "Do you have any idea of how many times he's called me in tears becuase you refuse to love him back...? It's fucking hilarious!"

(Y/n) raised her eyebrows, somehow Indigo was crazier than her brother.

"Nice job on that escape attempt last week, he almost lost his voice from wailing. Really, all my life I only wanted to get in his head but you're doing so much better than I ever could."

"What's-"

"Not to worry." Indigo cut in. "I don't mind it, at first I missed the attention but now I'm just enjoying the show. Leo's fun to fuck with too but Atlas..." She sighed and clutched her chest. "You just keep hating him and it's perfect."

(Y/n) was having trouble getting on board with this but maybe the only way to convince Indigo was to think like her. "But... Think about how sad he'd be if I left?"

"I did think about it but... No, it's too risky. As fun as it would be to watch him push himself to suicide once Atlas is dead it's all over."

"Dead??" (Y/n)'s voice shook. "You really think he'd do that?"

"Oh yeah, if you were gone much longer then he would've offed himself. That would be no fun at all." Indigo pouted.

(Y/n) couldn't believe her ears, this woman seemed to lack any human emotion. "You're sick."

Indigo shrugged nonchalantly. "Not the first or last time I'll hear that. Now run along back to my brother he's probably sufficiently freaked out by your absence by now."

A pang struck (Y/n)'s chest as she remembered that Atlas was down there, he and Leo had threatened to hurt people if she tried anything and while they hadn't shown very violent behaviour she still wouldn't put it past them.

Not wanting to call their bluff, (Y/n) thought it best to cut this interaction short but when she tried to open the door it wouldn't budge. "It's locked." She grumbled to herself.

"How'd you work that one out, genius?" Indigo smugly tucked the key in her pocket.

"Let me out, Indigo."

"I want to see how far Leo and Atlas will go..."

(Y/n) drew in a deep breath to stop herself from punching Indigo in the face. "If you're going to do this then you may as well just let me go."

Indigo bit her lip playfully and shook her head. "No can do."

A pang of panic struck (Y/n)'s chest. Atlas and Leo had threatened to hurt people - did Indigo know that? Would it even matter? It's not like Inidigo would care one bit.

"Give me the key." (Y/n) said. "I'm getting out of here and I'm getting them turned in to the authorities."

Indigo moved further away from (Y/n). "Not a chance." She turned away and resumed looking at the trinkets in her room.

(Y/n)'s fingers twitched, she had to get out of there. Indigo was nuts, so was Atlas and so was Leo. She wanted all of them out of her life.

She quietly stepped aside to Indigo's bookshelf and took the heaviest book she could find off the shelf. A shiny hardback would do.

(Y/n) approached the blonde from behind while lifting the book over her head for a better trajectory. She swung the book as hard as she possibly could and to (Y/n)'s dismay Indigo cried out in pain instead of being knocked out instantly. (Y/n) hit her two more times before Indigo collapsed into unconsciousness.

The younger woman knelt beside Indigo and checked she was still breathing okay. All seemed fine in that department but there was some blood beginning to pool around her head. (Y/n) was stuck between getting her help or just legging it.

There was the possibility of Indigo dying if she was left here for long enough... But someone would find her, right?

(Y/n) guiltily took the key from Indigo's pocket.

'Sorry, Indigo... It's only self-preservation.'