XXXIII- losing her

Leo winced as yet another piece of china was smashed to the floor. "Are you done?" He asked.

Atlas had a very... Visceral reaction to (Y/n) getting away. Sweat and tears mixed on every inch of his reddened face, he was currently tearing through plates and glasses in his kitchen. He'd accumulated several cuts on his hands but didn't care.

"How... H-how are you so calm??" He asked Leo breathlessly.

"I know how to control my emotions and not lash out." Leo was just as devasted and angry as Atlas but he wasn't letting it show. He couldn't indulge that negativity and get distracted by his own grief. (Y/n) was out there. They just needed to find her.

"I-I-" Atlas hid his face in his hands as more tears spilled from his pale blue eyes. "I m-miss her so much..." He relived the awful heartbreak of early that morning when seeing (Y/n) get in some stranger's car and drive off.

Leo was more focused on the consequences of the action than the action itself. He was deathly worried about her, that person could be doing something horrible to her without Leo and Atlas there to protect her.

Running from them had been a mistake but Leo didn't feel much anger towards (Y/n), rather the situation itself. She was scared because they were too forward. He could understand that and had expected it too.

He just wanted to get her back before she got hurt.

All of the plants that had been scattered around her apartment were upstairs in a room Leo and Atlas had made up for her to stay in. Atlas had hired someone to pick them up the day prior so (Y/n) could feel more at home but she wasn't even there.

She just didn't know that neither of them had any desire to hurt her. Not at all.

Even after her running away neither Leo nor Atlas felt any inclination to lay a hand on (Y/n) that wasn't loving. She could continue running and trying to escape and they would never even think about physically harming her for it... Or even giving her a punishment of any kind.

She was their flower, they couldn't hold her ignorance of what was good for her against her.

They could only show her just how much she needed them.

Once it was a more reasonable time in the morning, Leo and Atlas set off in opposite directions.

Atlas was going to stop by (Y/n)'s apartment before work to see if there was anything in there that night point to where she could've gone. He'd checked the cameras and she wasn't home so he just needed to figure out where else she could be.

Meanwhile Leo was going to assess the situation at 𝑺𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆. They'd taken (Y/n)'s phone and other belongings so this trip was mainly see how Sol was reacting to the situation and if there were any tracks they needed to cover over.

Atlas had barely stopped crying when he got in his car, the tears started up when he was driving over to her home just because of the fact that it was her home he was driving to.

He had to blink them back to prevent his vision from being impaired while driving. The rest of the drive consisted of heavy breaths being pushed out from his nostrils in the place of violent sobs.

Atlas couldn't grasp (Y/n)'s reason for running quite as well as Leo. He interpreted it as her thinking that they were going to try to cause her harm, it broke his heart to think that (Y/n) was scared of him. Atlas never wanted to frighten (Y/n), he just wanted to be by her side for the rest of time.

Was that really too much to ask?

Apparently it was.

When he arrived outside the house which (Y/n) owned part of, he kept driving a little further down the street so it wasn't too obvious.

A baseball hat was pulled over his head despite the fact that Leo had repeatedly told Atlas that he was still totally recognisable, and the hat did little to hide his identity, it just made him look more suspicious if anything. That accompanied with Atlas's already very nervous mannerisms and his current state of unrest.

He had a copy of her key that Atlas had made a while ago so he could install the cameras and then was used by the man he hired to steal her plants. He used the copy to open up her front door.

Atlas felt disheartened when he walked in, with all the plant life gone it felt like the space had been stripped of (Y/n)'s passion. It didn't make the environment any less intoxicating to be in.

If Atlas were there under may other circumstances he would've taken his time to truly appreciate being in a space filled with the pure essence of (Y/n). But today he was there for a very specific reason.

They'd looked through her phone already to look at any relevant addresses or correspondences that could tell them where she could have gone but not much had come of that.

Atlas's first stop was her laptop, he somehow managed to resist the urge to go through her search history and tried to find the home address of her family and close friends but not much came from that either.

He shut the computer off and thought about where (Y/n) could possibly be. Atlas felt so useless, he couldn't find his sister and now he couldn't find his flower either.

'Indigo was right, I AM pathetic...' He thought folornly while holding his aching chest.