01

Annabelle Rose Davis woke up on a very important day she had no pleasure of waking up to. She yawned while stretching her arms before kicking her legs off of her bed and walking to her vanity. She smiled at herself in her mirror, combing through her hair as carefully as she could, applying rouge to her lips, and adding an overall pop to her looks, all the while she hummed a small tune from her childhood.

"Annabelle, wake up!" Her mother, Evelyn, called from their parlor. "You don't want to arrive at the Swanns late!"

Annabelle set her supplies down. "I'm getting ready, mama!"

She walked to her wardrobe and looked at her small collection of dresses, a red one catching her eye. Once pulled out, she looked at the white lace around the dress and she decided it was perfect. Annabelle grabbed the matching heels and hurried to get her dress on, tying up the back in a beautiful bow before stumbling from her room.

"Oh, you look beautiful," Evelyn sighed. She kissed her daughters cheek. "Run along, hurry now!"

"Alright, I'm going!" Annabelle laughed as she was practically shoved out the door.

She hurried her way through the streets of Port Royale, trying to not dirty her dress.

"Ms. Davis!" Someone called.

Annabelle grinned at the voice and turned to look over her shoulder. "Good morning, Will. I will once again ask that you call me Annabelle."

"My apologies," Will grinned. "Although I may need to be reminded once more."

The two laughed and arrived to the Estate.

Annabelle knocked on the door, waiting patiently. The doorman opened it, glancing before moving to allow entrance. Annabelle gave a polite nod.

The two stood in the opening of the Estate, and Annabelle flicked her fan open. "I don't understand why they had to choose to host the Commodore's ceremony on the hottest day of the year."

"It's not like they can tell the weather," Will shrugged, messing with a sconce, thereby breaking it."

Their eyes widened drastically and Will scrambled to hide it as footsteps approached, settling on vase.

"Ah, Mr. Turner, good to see you again," Governor Swann nodded. He faced Annabelle. "Annabelle, you're here for the ceremony?"

She nodded. "Elizabeth invited me to join."

Will opened a box. "I have your order." Will pulled out a sword, the second most gorgeous one Annabelle had seen. "The blade is folded steel, that's gold filigree laid into the handle." Will balanced the sword on his finger where the blade met the hilt. "Perfectly balanced. The tang is nearly the full width of the blade."

"Impressive," Annabelle nodded.

"Indeed." Commodore Norrington is going to be very pleased with this, pass my compliments to your master."

Will paused for a moment. "I shall, a craftsman is always pleased to her his work is appreciated."

Elizabeth Swann then made her entrance, laced in a yellow dress, with a hat to match.

Governor Swann sighed. "Oh, Elizabeth, you look absolutely stunning."

Elizabeth smiled before facing her two friends. "Oh, it's so good to see you again! I had a dream about us last night."

"About Annabelle and I?" Will asked eagerly.

"About the day Annabelle and I met you, do you remember?"

Will grinned. "How could I... we forget, Ms. Swann?"

"Well, how many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth?" Elizabeth laughed. "I'm sure Annabelle already said something."

"Of course," Annabelle smiled.

"Well, we really must get going," Governor Swann rushed.

"Good day, Mr. Turner," Elizabeth smiled.

"Goodbye, Will," Annabelle mugged.

"Good day," Will sighed as the carriage pulled away.