Chapter 29

*FEW WEEKS LATER*

JASMINE'S POV

"So you don't think he's acting strange?" I asked Brooke.

It was almost midnight and we were sitting on my couch, talking and eating ice cream.

"Of course not. I mean, you guys are past the cupcake phase in your relationship. This is usually the point where you still feel for each other, but you wanna start hanging with friends again." She explained.

"I don't know. I mean, he's been coming home late, sometimes not coming home at all, and most of the time when he does come home he's drunk. And then the next day when he wakes up, I'm lucky if he stays at least a couple hours before leaving again. Plus, we haven't had sex in like 2 weeks. Still nothing suspicious?"

"Well, that is weird. But, c'mon. Jake told me how you're the first girl Harry kept. I doubt he'd wanna give you up. You have nothing to worry about. Just give him a little freedom."

"But at the beginning of our relationship, he didn't want freedom. We would spend every moment together and we would cuddle and make out and...he was just so affectionate."

"Sweetie, he's Harry." She chuckled. "He can only be affectionate for so long. I mean, you didn't expect your whole relationship to be like that did you?" I looked down. She's got a point. "And me and Jake are gonna be at that point some time too, so its nothing to get worked up over. Trust me, there's nothing to worry about."

'''''

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to see a sleeping Harry. I smiled to myself, but it soon turned into a sad smile. What happened to us? We used to be crazy about each other. Now I'm crazy about him, but I don't think he feels the same way anymore. I sighed and rolled back over so my back was facing him. A few minutes later, I felt the bed shifting and I turned over to see Harry getting out of it.

"Well, good morning to you too." I tried to joke, but he didn't even crack a smile.

"Morning." He mumbled.

He went into the bathroom and a few seconds later I heard the shower water. I sighed and turned back over. About half an hour later, he came out while shaking his hair dry with the towel. I don't know if he could feel it, but I could feel the awkwardness. After he was done getting dressed and he was headed out the room, I finally spoke up.

"Why don't you want me anymore?" I asked quietly.

That made him stop and turn to me.

"What?" He asked.

I sat up on the bed and took a deep breath.

"You don't want me anymore. Why?" I asked, not looking up at him.

"Who says I don't want you anymore?"

"Nobody. But--"

"Then what gives you that idea?"

"You act like it. You're always coming home late, sometimes not even coming home at all, and when you do you come home, you're always drunk. And then the next morning, you get up, get ready, and go. Much like how you were about to do."

"Oh, I get it. So basically, because I have a girlfriend, I can't go out and do stuff I wanna do anymore?" He said, his voice filled with sarcasm.

I finally looked up at him. I felt tears coming, so I looked back down.

"Never mind. Just go." I whispered and laid back down.

When I heard the front door close and a car drive off, I finally let the tears go.

Notes

I'm sorry that this chapter was so short.

Double update yay!! :D

The awkward moment when Author's Note is longer than the chapter... -Lichellaw / NiallsNandos