Chapter 38

HARRY'S POV

****THE NEXT DAY****

I walked in the door of my house, just coming home from spending a day with the guys. Jasmine went out with the girls, so I knew we were in the clear. She texted me about an hour ago that she was home safe and that I had nothing to worry about, thank God. I threw my keys on our new coffee table and peeled off my shirt.

"Babe I'm home!" I called.

There was no response, which made me furrow my eyebrows together. She didn't go out again did she?

"Babe?!" I called louder.

Still no response. My heart started beating faster. Fuck! What if he got her?!

"Babe?! Jasmine!!" I ran into the kitchen to find it empty. "Baby please come out where ever you are!" I ran into the guest bedroom, only to find it empty.

No. Not again!

"Baby you're scaring me!" I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. No, I can't cry. "Jasmine where are you?!" I ran into the downstairs bathroom to find that empty too. No, no no no! "Baby come on! This isn't funny!" I ran into our bedroom...only to find that empty as well. "Fuck. No no no. Not again. Please don't let this happen to me again." I whispered, letting the tears fall freely from my face.

Then I heard the bathroom door opening, causing my head to snap up. Out came Jasmine in a towel while brushing her hair.

"Hey babe." She smiled, making me sigh in relief. "Are you crying?" Her face turned from a smile, to concern.

"Just give me a hug." I whispered and walked over to her.

I didn't care that she was almost naked, I hugged her anyway.

'''''

Me and Jasmine are lying in bed, cuddling like we always do. I'm lost in my thoughts on ways I can protect her, while she's mindlessly drawing invisible shapes into my bare chest. It was silent, until she broke it.

"Babe, what were you crying about earlier?"

"I..I don't wanna...talk about it." My voice cracked at the end.

"Harry, you can tell me anything. You know that."

"I know but--" I paused and thought about it. "Ok fine. I'll tell you."

She looked up at me, signaling for me to continue.

"Well, long story short, when I was 13, he killed my mother. I came home one day and she wasn't there, so I thought something was up. Then he came home and I asked about her, and he laughed and said 'Some things are better left unsaid'. That's why I'm scared for you. When he repeated that, it gave me the impression that he's gonna do to you the same thing he did to her."

I heard her gulp before speaking.

"W-What exactly d-did he do t-to her?" She stuttered out.

She's scared. She always stutters when she's scared or nervous. I wrapped my arms around her securely, assuring her that everything's gonna be ok.

"Are you sure you wanna hear about that? Its pretty sick how he did it." I said.

She nodded.

"I'm sure." She confirmed.

I sighed before speaking.

"Well, first he..." I did a big gulp. "...raped her..." My voice cracked. I felt a lump in my throat rising but I swallowed it down as best as I could. "Th-then he...he taped her...arms and legs...to the wall s-so she wouldn't be a-able to...to move..." Fuck I'm gonna cry. I feel it coming. "He t-taped her mouth shut...so sh-she wouldn't b-be able to...to scream loud enough f-for anyone to h-hear her..." A tear managed to escape my eye, and she wiped it away softly. "A-And he just...just started thr-throwing knives at her u-until she was bloodied up b-badly. Th-then he...he poured gasoline...all over her...then he..." I couldn't help it. I broke down crying. "He set her on fire." I finished.

I saw her shed a few tears, then she got on top of me and straddled me. She pulled me up so I was sitting up too, and just hugged my head to her chest, letting me drown her shirt in my tears. She was rocking us side to side, running her hands through my curls repeatedly.

"I-I just wish I was th-there to s-save her..." I whispered.

"Baby its not your fault." She pulled me back so she can look into my eyes. "You didn't know anything about it until it was done. You were 13, you couldn't do anything about it." She said in a soft voice.

"B-But I--"

"Harry." She interrupted, not even raising her voice one bit. "Stop blaming yourself. You were young. You didn't know it happened until after it did. You couldn't do anything."

Then it was silent for a few moments.

"Jasmine, please tell me you'll be careful. He literally has no heart and if he does, then its colder than all the ice in the world crushed together. He won't hesitate to do anything to you. Just promise me you'll be careful when you're without me." My voice was so shaky, its not even funny.

"I promise." She said and pulled me in for a kiss.

Notes

I'M SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER ! BUT I GOTTA GO SOMEWHERE !

So uhh ... yeah . And even though this is my story , I'm kinda scared for Jasmine lol . And a few people have told me that my story is so good that its better than Dark ... I don't think its THAT good to be honest . I mean like , Dark is so good that even Harry HIMSELF read it .

Wait he isn't reading this is he ? And now I'm scared of two things . Great . 

ONLY 2 CHAPTERS LEFT PEOPLE!! :( :P

That awkward moment when you're telling a story and you realize no one is listening so you slowly fade out and pretend you never said anything ... -Lichellaw / NiallsNandos.