Devil's Night

Watson: "Well uh just give me a call when you get back. Alright bye." she hangs up her phone

Morgan: "That the boyfriend?" he teases making her chuckle a little

Watson: "Not my boyfriend. But yes, it was him."

Rossi: "How's that going?"

Watson: "We're taking things slow. Truth be told I'm not fully ready to get back into a serious thing. He understands that."

Morgan: "That's good." he nods and they turn when they hear Reid talking and find him walking beside an annoyed Emily into the room

Reid: "The cool thing about Halloween is that it's a uniquely American holiday. I mean, despite it's obvious origins in the Celtic Festival of Samhain and the Christian All Saints Day, it really is a melting pot of various immigrants' traditions and beliefs. It became a little more commercialized in the 1950s with trick-or-treat, and today it rivals only Christmas in terms of popularity."

Emily: "All I asked was what he was doing this weekend."

Reid: "I'm toying with the notion of either going to the Edgar Allan Poe Shadow Puppet T or the reenactment of the 19th century Phantasmagoria."

Rossi: "I don't want to know."

Reid: "Oh, yeah, you do. Phantasmagorias are these amazing pre-cinema projected ghost shows invented in France, where the showman attempted to spook the audience using science magic. And it just so happens that I have an extra ticket." he looks at the others with an excited look

Garcia: "Tempting." she nods, shaking her head and she begins passing around files to everyone and Watson notices how Reid gives her a look making her sigh after a moment

Watson: "Fine. I'll go."

Reid: "Yes." he cheers quietly making the others chuckle at him a little

Garcia: "Guys, I wouldn't have to worry about losing my feminine curves if you all paid more attention to all the trees we're consuming around here."

Morgan: "When did you become an eco-freak?"

Garcia: "Baby, I was born green."

Hotch: "We're going to Detroit."

Reid: "It's Halloween weekend."

Hotch: "Arson investigators have noticed a 3-year trend in the days leading up to Halloween."

Reid: "Devil's Night."

Hotch: "This unsub is killing only these 3 days out of the year."

Hotch: "How's he doing it? He's burning his victims alive. He's abducting seemingly random people and dumping their bodies in abandoned parts of town. He struck again last night."

Garcia: "Yeah. Tony Torrell, 40. He lives in the suburbs, but he was found 20 miles away in the Rivertown District."

Rossi: "He's attacking the city at its most vulnerable time."

Reid: "What does he do during the rest of the year?"

Rossi: "He's dormant."

Reid: "You know, arsonists are typically white males between 17 and 25 who can't stay away from fire."

Morgan: "Yeah, they're addicted to it and there's no rehab."

Reid: "And they target dwellings, not people."

Garcia: "So you're saying he burns his victims alive but he's not an arsonist?"

Morgan: "Fire is simply his weapon."