Magnificent Light

Garcia: "Two people have been brutally stabbed in Seattle in the last two days. Lincoln Bell, 28, he was found on Friday night. And then Cynthia Strobl, 42, her body was found last night. Both of them were killed in their own apartments."

JJ: "Police are sure it's the same killer?"

Garcia: "Yes, because the same message was left behind."

Rossi: "Hear your evil, see your evil." Isn't the phrase supposed to be "see no evil, hear no evil"?"

Reid: "Yeah, it certainly changes the meaning, which is supposed to be about remaining virtuous even when you're surrounded by evil."

Morgan: "Well, the question is, did the killer just get the phrase wrong, or was he trying to send a completely different message?"

Alex: "The killer could have been a non-native-English speaker. But this syntax doesn't help identify his first language."

Watson: "And the other question is, who is this message for? Is it a taunt to the police?"

Hotch: "It could be used to justify the murders."

Reid: "You know, if you take the words literally, it sounds like he's speaking directly to the victims."

Rossi: "Was the message written with the victims' blood?"

Garcia: "The lab results aren't back yet."

Alex: "Are there any witnesses?"

Morgan: "It doesn't look that way. Which means the entry to the apartments was planned and methodical, but the actual killings seem chaotic and disorganized."

Watson: "Maybe the unsub knew them and took the time to plan his break-in, but once he got close, his rage took over and he snapped."

Reid: "You know, one thing's for sure. With at least 30 stab wounds to each victim, this unsub sure has a lot of anger."

Hotch: "We need more answers. Let's head to Seattle."

Alex: "A great deal of talent is lost to the world for the want of a little courage." Sydney Smith."

On The Plane

Rossi: "There doesn't seem to be a connection between the two victims. Different gender, race, age. And they lived in different parts of the city." he comes out of the kitchen area and sets a bowl of popcorn down on the table

Garcia: "Yeah. Lincoln Bell worked in ticket sales at El Portal auditorium for the last 3 years. Cynthia Strobl was an accountant. She moved to Seattle a year ago."

Alex: "It's unlikely they would have ever crossed paths. Unless Cynthia bought a ticket from him at one point."

JJ: "According to his mother, Lincoln's dream was to be an architect. If he wasn't working, he was studying."

Watson: "And Cynthia liked big band music and lectures at the museum, so the one thing they did have in common was very low-risk lifestyles."

Garcia: "Okay, I've confirmed that Cynthia lived in a security complex, the kind you need a special key fob to get in. And Lincoln was living in a studio apartment at the top floor of a 6-story walkup."

Reid: "So the unsub had the intelligence and the patience to get past the security entrance. He either used a ruse or he blended in with the other residents."

Rossi: "And he had to be in good physical shape to kill Lincoln Bell."

JJ: "So, he bypassed easier victims and potential witnesses to commit these murders."