Divining Rod

Emily: "Well, thanks for that, Reid. I feel light as a bird already." the others hear as JJ, Reid, Garcia, and herself come into the meeting room

Morgan: "What have we got, baby girl?" he holds out the remote for her to take

Garcia: "Thank you, sir. We have a killing in Enid, Oklahoma. And not the capital punishment one you are thinking of right now. I'm talking about a woman named Cara Smith, who was murdered in her apartment minutes after the execution of Rodney Garrett."

Hotch: "Neighbors saw her front door open and discovered the body."

Rossi: "Look familiar?"

Watson: "Young, pretty, short blond hair."

Rossi: "And stabbed directly through the heart."

Reid: "That's exactly the way Garrett killed his victims."

Morgan: "So are we looking at a copycat?"

JJ: "Or someone creating doubt the right person was executed."

Rossi: "In Garrett's case there was no doubt. His guilt was the slam dunk of all slam dunks. Prints, DNA, a confession."

Reid: "He even led the police to where he buried two of his victims."

Emily: "Garrett killed 25 women before he was caught. If this new unsub is a copycat, the body count's just started."

Hotch: "Which is why we can't waste time. Wheels up in 30."

Hotch: "Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires." William Blake."

On The Plane

JJ: "A firing squad? That's not something you see every day."

Morgan: "Well, Garrett had the option of lethal injection, but he chose this instead."

Rossi: "A flair for the dramatic."

Hotch: "These reports indicate no forensic evidence at the crime scene."

JJ: "What about the icepick?"

Watson: "It was generic. No serial number or unique metallurgy."

Emily: "Well, now, it says here that there were water droplets and a half-filled flower vase on top of the chest of drawers, but no flowers. Not in the vase, not in the garbage, nowhere."

JJ: "Maybe the unsub took them."

Morgan: "Hey, say it like you mean it, baby."

Garcia: "You know I'm gonna. So, if you look in the dictionary, the word "normal, " you will see Cara Smith. College student, well-liked, straight as, English Lit major" she says and Hotch moves over to a more private area to answer his phone "Oh, speaking of which, I just got a transcript of Rodney Garrett's last words, hot off the press, and a gold star to the first person who can identify the source of this. "She comes like fullest moon on happy night, taper of waist-"

Reid: "With shape of magic might." It's from the 'Thousand and One Nights.' not the exact translation that I would have used, but it's got its own merits."

Watson: "And in a shocking non-upset, we have a winner." she sends him a teasing look while the others chuckle a little

Rossi: "Garrett was a sixth-grade dropout. An unlikely guy to be quoting from a Harvard classic."

Reid: "The choice of material does make sense, though. The book is all about how Scheherazade forestalled her own death at the hands of the king by regaling him night after night with stories."