200

Emily: "Why should we look to the past in order to prepare for the future? Because there is nowhere else to look." James Burke."

Morgan: "The Director's behind closed doors with the undersecretary of arms control and international security affairs. Hotch is on his way to the State department to get some answers."

Reid: "We found JJ's cell phone, but there wasn't any sign of her." he tells Rossi and Alex when they come off the elevator

Rossi: "Cruz is missing, too. His car is still in his garage, but mail and newspapers suggest that he's been gone at least 24 hours."

Garcia: "I'm trying. I'm trying-I'm trying to pull data off of JJ's phone, but it's like level 9 security. It would make Snowden weep." she tells the group when they come into the meeting room

Alex: "What about cell phone records?"

Garcia: "Encrypted. JJ's and Cruz's."

Watson: "That's not surprising if they work for the State department."

Morgan: "But if that assignment was a backstop, then JJ's transfer as D.O.D. Liaison was her cover."

Reid: "So what was she really doing that year?"

Morgan: "That's the first question Hotch is gonna ask. Strauss was pressured by the Executive branch to push JJ's transfer through in 2010, so she would have known the reason why."

Reid: "Any assignment Strauss authorized would be archived in the SCIF."

Garcia: "That facility is code word classified."

Watson: "Ok, but Anderson can get you in. He archives those reports."

Morgan: "Blake, Rossi, JJ couldn't have used the SCIF without drawing attention. She probably has it foxholed right here in the BAU. We just need to find it."

Alex: "And what are you not telling us?"

Morgan: "Whoever took Cruz and JJ is highly trained and highly organized. Justice, Defense, and State-they wouldn't be on edge like this if this was a simple matter of two missing agents."

Rossi: "Is Hotch worried that the recovery won't be made a priority?"

Morgan: "It's our job to find the leverage that assures it is. Let's get it done."

Garcia: "Yeah. Yeah."

Kevin: "All right, our fourth person is Michael Hastings, CIA operative, killed in action April 24, 2011. Operation classified." he tells them when Rossi and Alex find photos in JJ's old office

Rossi: "This isn't right. The U.S. doesn't commemorate clandestine operations. These are surveillance images. So who took them?"

Watson: "The same person who killed Hastings."

Morgan: "Let's hope Hotch can find out who that was."

Emily: "According to Interpol data, Askari is as bad as they get. Highly educated member of the Republican Guard caught torturing POWs off the clock for fun. I'm sending you his profile now." she says on the plane ride over after
Hotch called for her help

Garcia: "So this is who has JJ?"

Alex: "His name speaks volumes. Tivon means "student of nature, " yet Askari means soldier."

Hotch: "Askari's methods appear well documented. He's organized, he's meticulous. He typically spends 24 hours with his subjects before they break."