The Return

Garcia: "A few hours ago, a lone gunman shot and killed 3 people inside a downtown Chicago diner. Then, he was taken down by a plainclothes off-duty officer who happened to be in the restaurant at the same time of the shooting."

Morgan: "Well, it sounds like they got their guy. Why are they requesting our help?"

Garcia: "Because an ATM from across the street captured this image of the shooter getting out of a late-model sedan just moments before the shooting and here's a shot of his driver who then sped off."

Hotch: "Chicago P.D. I.D.'d the shooter as 16-year-old Gavin Rossler after getting a composite match from the national center for missing and exploited children. According to the database, Gavin's been missing for nearly 4 years."

JJ: "It looks like back in 2009 when the mother filed the police report she insisted Gavin had been abducted."

Reid: "Mom was not the most credible source. She was in and out of rehab facilities for drug and alcohol abuse, died 6 months ago of an apparent drug overdose."

Alex: "It says here Gavin had run away from home several times but always returned within 24 hours."

Rossi: "Which could be why local P. D. Initially categorized him as a runaway rather than missing."

Watson: "So where's this kid been all this time, and where did he meet his partner in crime?"

Alex: "Garcia, have you been able to I.D. the driver?"

Garcia: "Negative. I'm running the image through facial recognition software right now, though."

Hotch: "We can't rule out the possibility that the driver is the person responsible for Gavin's disappearance."

Morgan: "If that's the case, chances are he's out looking for his next victim."

Watson: "How does a 12-year-old runaway turn into a cold-blooded killer?"

Hotch: "Wheels up in 30." he nods and they all turn to look at the tv where the news of the incident is playing

Reporter: "A senseless act of violence. I'm standing here with Sylvia Hoover, who was at the diner with her 7-year-old daughter at the time of the shooting. Sylvia, can you tell us in your own words what happened?"

Sylvia: "I was sitting at the counter with my daughter when I heard a woman screaming, and that's when I turned around and saw the gun. And I don't know, this kid just stood up and started shooting."

Morgan: "Alfred Hitchcock said, "there is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it."

On The Plane

Garcia: "Leah Rollins was the first victim. She was working her regular overnight shift at the diner. The second victim was Kyle Workman. He worked at a local convenience store. And the third was Violet Hartford. She was a schoolteacher."

Rossi: "It seems like other than late-night cravings, there was no connection between the victims and Gavin."

Reid: "It looks as though he was born into a high-risk lifestyle. Dad's been incarcerated since Gavin was 4."

Hotch: "On two separate occasions he was removed from his mother's custody and placed in foster care."

Alex: "Well, despite all that, he managed to get good grades."

JJ: "So 4 years ago-why did he choose that day to leave?"

Watson: "Well, that's if he left by choice."

Morgan: "Well, the mom's boyfriend moved in a couple weeks prior. Maybe he and Gavin were bumping heads. I mean, things might have even gotten physical between the two of them."