From Childhood's Hour

Rossi: "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late. I got hung up with something. What do we got?"

Hotch: "A child abduction in St. Louis."

Garcia: "Yeah. Bobby Smith, 9 years old, vanished 48 hours ago from a residential area, where his mother, Marlene Smith, claims to have dropped him off."

Morgan: "48 hours and we're just learning about it now?"

Garcia: "Yeah. That's 'cause mom didn't know her son was gone. She assumed that he was with the grandmother and just left him there."

Watson: "Sounds familiar." she mutters

JJ: "So, she's not exactly on the short list for mother of the year."

Emily: "What about the father?"

Garcia: "Uh, he was convicted of embezzling from his workplace 2 years ago. Currently cooling his heels in state prison."

Reid: "If it's a stranger abduction, the first 24 hours are critical. This kid's already been missing twice that long."

Hotch: "Which is why we shouldn't waste any more time. Let's go."

Reid: "From childhood's hour I have not been as others were, I have not seen as others saw." Edgar Allan Poe."

On The Plane

Rossi: "St. Louis. Oh, probably a couple days. I'll let you know. Can't wait. Bye" he hangs up his phone and turns to see the look the others are giving him "What?"

Morgan: "Nothing. Just somebody's got a lot of extra pep in their step this morning, that's all."

Emily: "Probably doubled up on his vitamins."

Morgan: "Oh, he doubled up on something." he gives Rossi a teasing look making JJ and Watson chuckle

Hotch: "Garcia, what have you got on the mother?"

Garcia: "Oh, I have so much on the mother, and try as I might, none of it is good. Marlene Smith has a history of erratic behavior, seriously clinically depressed, two suicide attempts in the last 5 years."

Reid: "Was she being treated for her depression?"

Garcia: "Oh, my gosh, yes. Like more pill-popping than Elvis. Yes."

JJ: "Depression is one of the few things that can overwhelm the maternal instinct."

Emily: "What about the grandmother?"

Garcia: "I don't have anything on her yet, but don't reach for your remote. I'll be ba-a-ck." she says the last word in a sing-songy way before hanging up

Morgan: "Two suicide attempts. Why hasn't child services intervened?"

Rossi: "Probably talked her way out of it."

Watson: "Most social service organizations are overworked and underfunded. Things slip through the cracks."

Reid: "If this boy's mother tried to commit suicide and he's from a chronically unhappy household. Maybe this wasn't an abduction at all. What if Bobby simply ran away?"

Rossi: "When 9-year-olds run away, they're usually home for supper."

Hotch: "JJ, you and I will talk to the mother. Morgan, Watson and Reid, go to the boy's house. Prentiss, you and Dave assess the site where the mother claims to have dropped him off."

Morgan: "Cheerful." he says when they enter Marlene's bedroom and find it pitch black with stuff all around the room