CHAPTER FIVE

Selim- ( Selim held Tonio's hands but he pulled it away forcefully.) look me in the eyes and tell me that's not true.
Tonio- (glowering at Selim) That's true Selim. I feel nothing for you, it's time you wake up to reality.
Selim- (yells) Tonio!
Tonio- Shuuu bring it down, you will be penalized for raising your voice at your boss and don't forget to call me Sir Tonio or boss.
Selim- I'm not hurt that you feel nothing for me, all I wanted was a favour from you and nothing more.
Tonio-  Don't ever test my feelings towards you, it changes nothing.
(Selim was left utterly perplexed as she got hold of herself; in a heartbeat Paulo walked into the office.)
Paulo- Sir you have no appointment for today all meetings are rescheduled tomorrow.
Tonio-  Paulo make sure my door is locked. see you all tomorrow (took his briefcase and walked out.)
Paulo- (deeply exhale) Selim are you okay?
Selim- (wiped off her tears ) you were eavesdropping again?
Paulo- No! I just returned from the broadcast department, I went to cancel Sir Tonio's meeting (paused) are you crying?
Selim - I'm not, I just wish I could help Emily.
Paulo- No matter how we appologize to Mr Castillo, Emily will have to leave the company. I guess Sir Tonio isn't willing to help?
Selim- Yes.
Paulo- Only the company Attorneys are in  the right position to help Emily, any staff who stands to cover up a crime will pay a price.
Selim- What price?
Paulo- He or she will have to resign so we shouldn't blame Sir Tonio, he can't stand in front of Emily's crime to the detriment of his job.
Selim- But he's closer to Attorney James.
Paulo- I have known Sir Tonio since when I was a kid; he always lent a willing hand whenever a friend needs help or a favor. I think this is beyond his power.
Selim- Okay Paulo.
Paulo- You should go home, you are not feeling too well, I will cover up for you.
Selim- Thanks so much Paulo (She Left the office earlier before closing hours. When she got home, she lay down on her bed and broke down in tears. Tonio was the only one in her thoughts until she fell asleep; hours later Emily returned home and woke Selim up.)
Emily- Sleepy cat.
Selim- (smiles) When next are you meeting with the company Attorneys.
Emily- I don't really know. I can't forgive Mara for this.
Selim- Please forgive her. she's your blood sister and no one wished for this to happen. Emily-  You know how we suffered before we got this job, the humiliation we faced from Ivony's mum.
Selim- Rather than sitting here and putting the blames on Mara, let us think of a way to get out of this case. Andre is the only hope we have here.
Emily- Never bring yourself too low to ask that heartless human for help. Mr Masalang met me this evening at the company he promised to help me with the case in exchange for a favour.
Selim- What favour?
Emily- I don't know, he said I should see him tomorrow morning. I will do anything Mr Masalang will ask for.
Selim- What if it's a night on his bed?
Emily- That old Wretch!
Selim- Please if that's his offer say a big NO to it. I heard that all the people who were employed under Mr Masalang paid him with a night on his bed.
Emily- Seriously! But he sounds as if he was willing to help me.
Selim- If he was willing to help you then he wouldn't ask you for a favor in return of his help.
Emily- let's not judge him by the rumors we heard, I will go tomorrow to know what favour he wants in return.
Selim- Forget about Mr Masalang. I will meet up with Andre tomorrow, I will ask him to help you.
Emily- (cuts in) Andre is your past, you shouldn't craw back to him. If I lose this job my family will find it hard to survive, my dad is late and I can't watch my mum carry all the burdens on her. Tonio was at the meeting today; tell him to help me with this case.
Selim- But Tonio isn't willing to help you. (Feeling down) he said he feels nothing for me.
Emily- He said so? I won't be shocked you've finally brought out the beast in Tonio.
Selim- I did nothing to Tonio he just decided to change in a heartbeat.
Emily- I was fooled by his calm nature, he was acting all nice to gain your trust. Well people can't pretend for long, one day the mask will fall off.
Selim- (cuts in) Why saying all this Emily! it's not cool at all. I thought you wanted me to date Tonio.
Emily- Yes I wanted that not because I like him, I just wanted you to use Tonio to heal from your past. Thank heavens you have moved on from Andre.
Selim- Yes I have moved on. (Feeling bad) I will try my best to see that you don't lose your job (switched off the table lamp) good night Emily.