8

Jisoo

It was somehow unusual to have an unannounced meeting around here.

I looked at Seulgi silently asking if she had any idea what was happening. She lifted both of her shoulders as if saying she did not have any idea as well with what was happening.

It was then when the door had opened that all heads turned to the person who had just arrived. Lisa Manoban.

Rose

As everyone had turned to the person who had arrived, my jaw literally dropped, unable to believe and strictly appalled that the person I was just talking to awhile ago is now in front of us with a grin plastered on her face as she caught my sight.

What the hell is she doing here? I thought.

"I am truly sorry to have called an abrupt meeting with everyone." She stated looking at every person in the room. "However, I believe that what I have to announce is quite an important of an agenda for all of us." She then nodded to a woman beside her whom I am assuming to be her secretary.

"Please refer to the screen in front." She said. "As you all can see our competitor, fox sports, is quite reaching our level due to the connection that they have." She pressed a button and it had shown two women. "These reporters are their top addition in their group. They are known as the 2yeon namely consisting of Im Nayeon and Yoo Jeongyeon. Their bubbly personality and charisma had captured the eyes of the viewers. Thus, to counter this, we will be having a month long chemistry check. This means that each one of you will held a interview in different sections of our program. The pairings will be shuffled weekly and the top pair will match the 2yeons."

Everyone seems lost at the announcement. Even I. To say a chemistry check is like establishing a ship of reporters on air. "These people that are chosen are expected to not comply with their current works and are expected to focus on this task instead." Does that mean that the Jungkook interview will be postponed if ever I was selected.

"Kang Seulgi."

"Bae Irene"

"Kim Jisoo"

"Kim Dahyun"

"Hirai Momo"

"And lastly...." I guess I am not in the list. "Park Chaeyoung." I spoke too soon. I glared at Lisa for using that name. I have never used my Korean name since I arrived from Australia. Suddenly the room was filled with whispers asking who the hell is Park Chaeyoung.

Lisa then raised her brow at me as if daring me to claim the identity that I have kept since moving to a foreign land. It is true though to avoid discrimination I chose to stand by my foreign name even though some still would poke fun of my asian ethnicity. Sighing I spoke "That would be me." Everyone turned their towards me as if to confirm my proclamation and I just nodded.

"Ok that will be all. I expect the names I have mentioned to stay though." With that being said everyone dispersed.